Nonworking Optical Drive on New Build

Xeriant

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
I just recently completed my first build, and everything is working perfectly fine expect my Optical Drive. It is plugged in to my PSU and via SATA cables. It does not show that it has power, when the computer is on, the disc drive will not open or show signs of life.

I read in another thread that I should post my entire build to help people answer, so I shall do that.

I did have a second question, based on my current build, will my power supply be enough to power a second GPU of the same type, as I plan to buy a second one to put them into a SLI configuration.

Side note, I installed the OS via bootable USB, so I do not need this drive necessarily, but it'd be a nice thing to have. If it would impede my ability to use a second GPU with my power supply please give note of that.

• ■Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
    ■EVGA EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit
    ■Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s
    ■SanDisk Desktop Caching SSD - ReadyCache 32 GB SATA 3 Solid State Drive
    ■NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case
    ■Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    ■Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
    ■AS Rock LGA1155 Intel Z77 Quad CrossFirex Quad SLI SATA3 USB3.0 A GbE MATX Motherboard Z77 PROFESSIONAL-M
    ■Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)

rojodogg

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Your PSU is fine and will handle 2 GPU's. As for your optical drive make sure both sata cables are installed all the way into the back of the drive and into the board. Try using a different cable or a different slot on the MOBO. If all else fails replace with another, they are less than $20.