Intel i5 2500k Overclocking Issues

C0IN

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
I know this is quite an old cpu now but I would just like a little bit of advice. I recently tried to over clock my Intel I5 2500k, and as I am a complete noob at over-clocking I followed the Bit tech guide (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/07/how-to-overclock-the-intel-core-i5-2500k/) . This resulted in me having to reset the system and a over-clocking failed message when I booted up. I also tried a guide from youtube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZoWOpry40) and that let me get into win 7 but with lots of BSOD and freezing, especially when I try to open CPU-Z or Prime 95. I have also tried the p8p67's auto over clock feature which cranks the turbo boost speed to 4ghz, this works but I still occasionally get BSOD when trying to access cpu-z and when it doesn't freeze I get high temps (80c) even though I have good cooling (H50).

System Specs:
I5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Evo
8gb Corsair 1866 ram
Corsair H50 cooler

All help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ihog

Distinguished
H50 is not really all that good, but that's besides the point.

I hope you realize that you can't follow those guides 100%. The voltage your CPU needs to run at certain frequencies will be different than others. Try higher voltages, and make sure your temps are in line.