trying to upgrade my 8800gtx

i have a 8800gtx and id like to upgrade but idk what is a good graphics card for not a whole lot of money that will play all the new games old games and more ?
18 answers Last reply
More about upgrade 8800gtx
  1. also don't mind if its ati or nvidia I'm a nivida person but its w.e and i wan a play most games in max settings like sky rim and stuff
  2. What's your rig and budget?
  3. well i just got a and 8350 just bought a ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 with 16 gigs 1600 ram liquid cooling a cooler master 750 watt psu and a cm storm case and I'm running low on money lola have maybe 150 if that t spend or should i just stick with the 8800 cause i heard its still a decent card
  4. Denis Todorov said:
    What's your rig and budget?

well i just got a and 8350 just bought a ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 with 16 gigs 1600 ram liquid cooling a cooler master 750 watt psu and a cm storm case and I'm running low on money lola have maybe 150 if that t spend or should i just stick with the 8800 cause i heard its still a decent card
  5. The stuffs you bought are pretty good IMO. I don't really know the AMD CPUs but as far as I know the 8350 is pretty good. It's pointless everything to be perfect except your GPU. You should get HD7870/GTX760 at least but remember if you buy the GTX760 you won't be able to SLI later. Your mobo supports only Crossfire so my suggestion is to buy HD7870 which costs 185$ at the moment in Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025
  6. Denis Todorov said:
    The stuffs you bought are pretty good IMO. I don't really know the AMD CPUs but as far as I know the 8350 is pretty good. It's pointless everything to be perfect except your GPU. You should get HD7870/GTX760 at least but remember if you buy the GTX760 you won't be able to SLI later. Your mobo supports only Crossfire so my suggestion is to buy HD7870 which costs 185$ at the moment in Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025

i c it eats more power is all this still gunna work with a 750 watt psu ? and is there a recommended one thats a little cheaper that will do the same?
  7. If you want something that will run things well at not max settings at high resolutions, you should start at the Radeon 7790 (at the lowered price that is) and then check prformance gains from there based on what you can spend. You should have gotten 8 gig of RAM and put a bit more towads a faster video card, you'll see more benifit that way in games. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-3.html
  8. Your Cooler Master 750w PSU will be more than enough for your system.
  9. If you're down to just $150 you can get a GTX 650 Ti Boost which is pretty capable and tremendously better than an 8800 GTX. Another great choice that regularly can get had for around that is an HD 7850. Concentrate on the 2GB models of both.

I still have an old 8800 GTX laying around. The HD 7770 I just bought for a secondary PC would wipe the floor with it. I tested Skyrim with the 8800 GTX and it could barely manage a playable framerate on medium settings. The HD 7770 can do Ultra and keep a much higher FPS in the process. Thing have definitely marched on in seven years!
  10. great thanks and actually i didn't buy the ram if i did i probably would have went with 8 gigs but thank god the ram was given to me lol and cool cause i think its time for my 8800 to retire finally thanx for the help
  11. If you are OK with spending a bit more for the 650 Boost, it's a good pick, and should not be held back by your system. If you really can't spend any more than $150, get a Radeon 7790 which looks to be at $130-150 depending on the model now. This EVGA 650 Ti 2gb superclocked is a good buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910

While you would be OK with a slower card as well as a 1 gig card, spending the $30 extra will give you at least another year of use, and will give you more ability to play at higher quality settings and higher resolutions.
  12. how about the radion xfx 7850 1gb is it any good ? for gaming in ultra with say sky rim or saints row or bioshock infinite
  13. 1GB VRAM is not enough for Bioshock Infinite unless you're playing at 1280x720. For Skyrim and Saints Row should be okay, I don't remember how much VRAM they needed.
  14. There is a 2 gig HIS 7850 card on sale for $140 on newegg now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406
  15. wel which one would i be able to do crossfire cause i only have a 750 watt psu
  16. ok so i think I'm gunna brake down and return this pos hd7850 and get a nvidia 760 cause nvidia is just better anyways but i have a ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 and it only says crossfire i don't really care to have 2 gpus just the one will i have any issues with the 760 on this bord even though it says crossfire and not sli ? i kno probably sounds like a stupid ?
  17. ok so i think I'm gunna brake down and return this pos hd7850 and get a nvidia 760 cause nvidia is just better anyways but i have a ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 and it only says crossfire i don't really care to have 2 gpus just the one will i have any issues with the 760 on this bord even though it says crossfire and not sli ? i kno probably sounds like a stupid ?
  18. and will my 750 watt psu power it lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics