GTX 650Ti Causing reboots in Graphics demanding games

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Ok I have literally tried everything I could think of and that's why I'm here. 4 months ago I bought a ASUS GTX 650Ti from a local Microcenter. When I got home and put it in games such as Arma 3 Beta, Metro: Last Light, and Arma 2 the computer would go into a Forced Reboot. The monitor just shuts off and the computer reboots. The time between reboots is 5 minutes to 20 minutes when playing a game that utilizes the Video Card (If I'm doing something else on the computer such as watching videos on youtube this time is drastically cut, The computer rebooted in 2 seconds of creating a mission in Arma 3 after I was on Youtube). Games that don't push the limit of the card such as Half-Life 2 or Counter Strike are fine. But all the other games cause it to reboot. It is also only with the GTX 650Ti. I had a PNY NVIDIA 9800 GT that I used before all this and it worked fine. Here are my specs.

Before:
ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.1 Running Windows 7 64bit
PNY NVIDIA 9800 GT
4gb RAM (1 x 4gb) (Don't know brand sorry)
(QUAD) Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHZ
600-Watt PSU (Don't know brand sorry)

After:
ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.1 Running Windows 7 64bit
ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti with 2GB GDDR5
4gb RAM (1 x 4gb) (Don't know brand sorry)
(QUAD) Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHZ
600-Watt PSU (Don't know brand sorry)

I've literally tried everything in the case of this. Drivers and Bios (obviously), Reloaded entire OS. And the issue still persists. Help?

Did you plug in the 6 pin PCI-E connectors on GPU ? Or do your PSU have a 6 pin PCI-E connector ? Since you don't know the make/model of PSU my guess is its not a good/rated one. Replace the PSU ASAP. I think the problem is the GPU is not getting enough power to run a power hungry game. So the PC is restarting/black screen.

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Thing is I had another GPU I got before the GTX 650, I had a Zotac GTX 560 Ti that I tried using but that caused the games to crash faster than the GTX 650 Ti.

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
To recap on my progress. I did figure out the PSU I had. It was a Thermaltake TR2 600W. I ended up buying a Corsair HX750 as a replacement.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Which is good incase he goes sli he will have the room but im glad he got the problem resolved

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Well After playing games like F:NV and Arma 3 I like to say that the problem is solved. The only thing I need to do is reboot my OS so it runs smoother.

liljoe

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hey I have the same problem with the same Graphics Card except my PSU is a Corsair CX500. Should I be having this problem? ( This problem arose after 2 months of gaming ). This has happened to me only on Smite, and not Battlefield 4 yet. ( I have been playing more Smite than BF4) .

UPDATE: As I typed this message my computer shutdown, so now the problem is the monitor will not go on, and sometimes the whole PC just turns off mid-power-up. Whats going on?