need help with liquid cooling with case and setup please help

kcgamer86

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
ok so i am a novice builder as you will come to find out so bare with me.. here is my problem i bought a Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow ATX Mid-Tower case and put ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Diablotek EL Series 600 Watt ATX Power Supply evga nvidia geforce gtx650 1gb ddr5 Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Four 4GB Memory Modules) ocz 120 gig agility 3, and a 500gig 7200rpm harddrive and a 140 fan on front intake 120 side intake 120 rear exhaust 120 topexhaust.. it all runs great was pcu was running about 41 after playing for a couple hours and would check it in bios. which s ok i just wanted to buy a liquid cooler because after 6 months just didnt like the cheap aftermarket cooler i got. so i got a Cooler Master Seidon 120M CPU Water Cooling Kit but when i went to install it the radiator wont fit at the back!! after some looking i've seen people put them everywhere. so i was thinking that my side panel is the only place it might be able to fit would it be ok to put it there it would be a tight squeeze because it would almost hit the graphics card. and could i install the radiator on the inside and the fan on the outside pushing air in to help save space?? or is this just a lost cause?? thanks for any help you can provide!! i also have pics i can post if you need to see!

http://

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p680/kcgamer86/pc%20picks/IMAG0442_zps2d5875a6.jpg

IMAG0445_zps349d4dd3.jpg
IMAG0446_zps43e08541.jpg
IMAG0448_zpsece51633.jpg
IMAG0451_zpsaceade5a.jpg

THE POP CAN IS JUST A REFERENCE TO SHOW THE SPACE

this next pic is the top of the case
IMAG0452_zps4f3c8359.jpg

That should fit on the back, but post the picture so we can take a look at it.
The better option, over the side panel, would be the top.

Let's take a look at the pix and better suggestions can be made.

kcgamer86

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

Good job with the pix.
Some thing you may have forgotten: That air cooler on the CPU is coming off, it won;t be there.
That should give you plenty of room to install the 120 on the rear, either as an intake or exhaust depending on how you mount the fan. The water block won't interfere with anything, and it should all fit inside the case.
I don't think it can be mounted on top; looks like not enough room between the mounting location and the RAM.
Don't mount it on the side as everry time you open the case you will have to take it off the side, or off the CPU.

kcgamer86

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

i took it off and that's the thing when i try to install it it doesn't fit. it hits the top of the case and i cant screw the radiator in to the fan it's close probably like 5/8 of a inch maybe less but that's with me putting pressure on it trying to get it in place!!! so now what???

I assume that you tried it 'horizontally", ie with the water inlet/outlet towards the left or right side of the case and. If you haven't tried that give it a shot. The coolant doesn't HAVE to flow vertically because it is being pumped through and is under pressure; It will work just like the radiator in the newer cars.
If that doen't work,
Then I would mount it right next to the top fan, directly above the CPU. Set it up as an exhaust in that position.

kcgamer86

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

i tried to put it in horizontally that when its 5/8 away and i can't put it above cpu cause it hits the 12v plugin on my motherboard i'm so frustrated i donn't wanna have to spend 100 bucks on a case