Installed Radeon HD 7850 and Monitor receives no signal.

bignagger

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
I recently bought a new GPU and PSU for my computer and while finish installing i boot up my PC and i get no signal for my monitor. I tried DVI to HDMI, HDMI, and DVI to VGA. None of them worked. The fan was running on the graphics card and im pretty sure my power supply is powerful enough for the card. On HDMI it gave me a black and green screen. After that i just gave up and reinstalled my old graphics card and it worked fine. Anything im doing wrong? I didnt uninstall my drivers and thats all i know off.

SPECS:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte M68MT-S2
RAM: 8 GB
PSU: 650 Watt http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&CatId=1483
GPU: XFX Radeon 7850 Core Edition 2 GB

My old GPU is a Nvidia card. Please help me with this because i just feel like exchanging for a new one.

Solution

Zeus88

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, only suggestion i would have which you may have already tried is to make sure when using the DVI to VGA converter that you are int he correct DVI slot. There are two and only one will work. i was receiving a black screen until i realized i was looking at the diagram upside down.

Make sure you are connecting the DVI to VGA connector to the DVI slot right next to the HDMI slot.

bignagger

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

I made sure it was the right one by constantly overchecking. I even tried just HDMI but still nothing at all.

Kevin_garroway

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm in the exact same situation. Just upgraded to 600w psu and a gigabyte Radeon hd 7850, but when i power on the system i dont get a signal to my monitor. The fans run on the gpu, but i can't get a video signal.
System:
Amd a8-5500 quad core, acer aahd3-vc MB, corsair cx600w psu, gigabyte HD7850 gpu

bignagger

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

I sent back the card, and asked for a new one. Im currently away from my house and will try reinstalling when i get back.

Solution

ajimohan

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Finally i solved the problem, it was the DVI to VGA converter problem, not the card.I connected directly to a DVI enabled monitor it worked fine. Now its the time to start GAMINGGGGGG.......................................

bignagger

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

Yes it worked, sorry was away from computer and i forgot my password

TRENDING THREADS