Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

which gtx 770 is better choice.?

Last response: in Deals
Share
August 13, 2013 6:44:35 AM

which gtx 770 is better choice for gaming, Asus, EVGA , Gigabyte or msi ..?
one thing more what is differences between reference and non- reference card..?
is Asus gtx 770 direct CU II OC is non- reference card..?
thanks in advance......

More about : gtx 770 choice

August 13, 2013 6:46:35 AM

i would recommend a EVGA 770 sc with acx cooler 2gb 1.11ghz i belive
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 13, 2013 6:54:59 AM

Third party cooling solutions such as are found on Non reference cards are 99.9% of the time better than the reference design.

Non reference cards usually have an overclock which is why they sometimes use more power, you are getting more performance as well though. Some Non reference cards actually use less power than the reference cards due to the fact that they use better voltage regulating circuitry.

As for different brands they work just like any other would but with different price, sticker, warranty, design. Your GPU, Your Choice. But id recomend EVGA their Non Reference cards looks beast and has usually clocked pretty high with the price also high. Hey you get what you pay for.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 13, 2013 6:58:27 AM

RaisingTheBarHD said:
i would recommend a EVGA 770 sc with acx cooler 2gb 1.11ghz i belive


what is reference or non reference card & which one is this ....?
I heard non reference cards are better to buy because it runs very cooler and better reliability than reference cards
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 7:03:46 AM

Arian1 said:
which gtx 770 is better choice for gaming, Asus, EVGA , Gigabyte or msi ..?
one thing more what is differences between reference and non- reference card..?
is Asus gtx 770 direct CU II OC is non- reference card..?
thanks in advance......


If you plan on OC'ing, MSI nearly always wins, it's extremely quite and stays at cool temps
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 7:04:17 AM

Arian1 said:
RaisingTheBarHD said:
i would recommend a EVGA 770 sc with acx cooler 2gb 1.11ghz i belive


what is reference or non reference card & which one is this ....?
I heard non reference cards are better to buy because it runs very cooler and better reliability than reference cards


it does run cooler and faster, it has 2 fans already installed and with an open design. the gpu is also superclocked already for you
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 7:20:10 AM

so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 7:29:09 AM

Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 7:37:56 AM

iiTzzDeFuze said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.


Way to copy and paste dude, I knew I've seen this answer before.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703567/gtx-770-...

"The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter. " -Zenkor


What's wrong with that? I'm doing research for him
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:00:08 AM

winkay said:
iiTzzDeFuze said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.


Way to copy and paste dude, I knew I've seen this answer before.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703567/gtx-770-...

"The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter. " -Zenkor


What's wrong with that? I'm doing research for him


really it helps a lot....
so now I can get Asus gtx 770 2gb or EVGA Gtx 770 4gb version .......?
m
0
l

Best solution

August 13, 2013 8:02:25 AM

Arian1 said:
winkay said:
iiTzzDeFuze said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.


Way to copy and paste dude, I knew I've seen this answer before.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703567/gtx-770-...

"The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter. " -Zenkor


What's wrong with that? I'm doing research for him


really it helps a lot....
so now I can get Asus gtx 770 2gb or EVGA Gtx 770 4gb version .......?


You're never going to see a massive difference between the two, do you plan on OC'ing? What case do you have?
Share
August 13, 2013 8:03:33 AM

winkay said:
Arian1 said:
winkay said:
iiTzzDeFuze said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.


Way to copy and paste dude, I knew I've seen this answer before.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703567/gtx-770-...

"The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter. " -Zenkor


What's wrong with that? I'm doing research for him


really it helps a lot....
so now I can get Asus gtx 770 2gb or EVGA Gtx 770 4gb version .......?


You're never going to see a massive difference between the two, do you plan on OC'ing? What case do you have?


no he wont, the 770 isnt powerful enough to take advantage of the extra 2gb of VRAM so no he wont see "massive difference"
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:05:51 AM

RaisingTheBarHD said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
winkay said:
iiTzzDeFuze said:
winkay said:
Arian1 said:
so mostly you guys recommend EVGA. but I was planning for Asus .
if you don't mind can I put stupid question...?
what is differences between Asus gtx 770 & EVGA gtx 770...?
sorry but I like Asus brand from later many years , that's why I m asking.....


The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter.


Way to copy and paste dude, I knew I've seen this answer before.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703567/gtx-770-...

"The asus one has better cooling potential, but it keeps all that heat inside your case which isn't a big deal if you have enough case fans to deal with it. The EVGA one is better for an SLI setup or if you're using a mini-itx case or something with poor ventilation since it blows the hot air out of your case. If you're going to OC your card get the asus one, if not it probably doesn't matter. The Asus one might be quieter. " -Zenkor


What's wrong with that? I'm doing research for him


really it helps a lot....
so now I can get Asus gtx 770 2gb or EVGA Gtx 770 4gb version .......?


You're never going to see a massive difference between the two, do you plan on OC'ing? What case do you have?


no he wont, the 770 isnt powerful enough to take advantage of the extra 2gb of VRAM so no he wont see "massive difference"


Go for ASUS if it suits you, personally I always go for MSI (Warranty, customer support, quite etc)
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:20:45 AM

no I will not OC.
is there any profit to get 4gb version gpu ......?
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:24:26 AM

Not really no
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:27:56 AM

winkay said:
Not really no


didnt you say above it would make a massive difference?
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:29:05 AM

little confused between Asus & EVGA.
mostly you guys recommend EVGA.
I always bought Asus products & its reliability & performance is perfect.
will EVGA have longer life too...?
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:38:09 AM

RaisingTheBarHD said:
winkay said:
Not really no


didnt you say above it would make a massive difference?


"You're never going to see a massive difference between the two, do you plan on OC'ing? What case do you have? "
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:39:08 AM

Arian1 said:
little confused between Asus & EVGA.
mostly you guys recommend EVGA.
I always bought Asus products & its reliability & performance is perfect.
will EVGA have longer life too...?


no cards live a certain amount of time, it's more or less just luck
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 8:54:16 AM

winkay said:
Arian1 said:
little confused between Asus & EVGA.
mostly you guys recommend EVGA.
I always bought Asus products & its reliability & performance is perfect.
will EVGA have longer life too...?


no cards live a certain amount of time, it's more or less just luck


yups
you are right......
thank you guys I will get from Asus or EVGA.
which one I get @ better conditions like replacements warranty, etc....
thanks a lot friends.
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 12:04:17 PM

I know you marked this as solved, but I would highly recommend the gigabyte gtx 770 OC. It has higher overclocking potential than the MSI lightning, and has a very quiet 3 fan cooling solution (highest OC potential tested thus far). This blows air inside the case, but is also the cheapest 770 currently on newegg. Asus would get my next vote due to it's nice overclocking potential and extremely quiet cooling solution. This card blows air inside the case. Lastly, EVGA 770 ACX will provide a quieter/cooler option with good overclocking headroom as well, but if you plan on going watecooling down the road I tend to prefer the EK blocks made for the ASUS lineup not EVGA. Also, the ACX is a bit louder than both the gigy and Asus cards. If you are all about the warranty this would get my vote. I wouldn't even consider the reference blower design cards, they blow air outside case, because they are way to loud for placing inside a high-end rig IMO. PS: I would avoid the MSI lightning cards because it's way more expensive than all of the other cards and it is voltage locked so you will not get any more OC performance out of it than most of these other cards. Only way you can utilize it's voltage unlocked is to have MSI specifically select you to receive it a program that lets you utilize it and you have to sign some sort of forms that explain that you will not share the program (only extreme OC testers usually get this privilege). Hope that input helps a bit more even though you have made your mind up!
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 6:37:30 PM

yes
it helps my friend.
thank you for more information.
m
0
l
!