My computer crashed and i would like to know all the steps to repair it so that it runs again

Dylan Corliss

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
The other day my computer crashed and takes me to a screen that says diegnse the problem and noting is working. im just guessing it crashed. so im going to replace the hard drive with a new one and start fresh. What i would like to know, what are the steps to do this correctly and safely. i have an idea using linux to recover the information but if anyone knows how to do it correctly it 100% can you please explaidn. also do i have to get a whole new partition Or can i use the recovery disk. HELPPP MEEEE!!! I know a lot about the parts and programing somewhat i just want to know the safest way without screwing it up.

Dylan Corliss

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I turned it on one day and it wouldnt boot up. The only thing that comes up is a recovery screen. that says would you like to try and recover your data or something like that. so i run it and it says it will start sucessfully but it doesnt.
its an acer. AMD A6. 500gb hd. 4 gb ram. 64-bit.
windows 7.

Dylan Corliss

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Im just going to get a new hard drive. buy some recovery software and go from there. also have some other ideas i might try first to see it will work before i go out and buy software i dont evem need. but if i get a new hard drive do i have to get a new partition? or if i recover the files and put them on to the new one, will the o.s go onto the new one?

TRENDING THREADS