Computer suddenly not booting, no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor.

MrLooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, I just recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer so I was installing updates, drivers ec and had to restart. So I restarted but now the computer doesn't boot at all. The first time I restarted it froze on the motherboard boot screen (the thing that pops up when you turn it on for like 2 seconds) so I waited awhile for that to unfreeze but it never did. So I turned off the computer and turned it back on and now it does nothing, the monitor doesn't get any signal and the keyboard and mouse don't turn on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this? Thanks

Any help is appreciated, and if there's any more information required just let me know and I'll add it ASAP.

MrLooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Yes, all the fans are spinning when I start it up.

Here's some pics of the board, I don't know if they'll be of any help but hey thought I might as well attach them anyway.
http://i.imgur.com/RAjECTl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jAN11Ty.jpg

Sorry they're not very clear, had to balance with one hand to take them haha. If you need better quality ones let me know I'll try and figure out a better way to take them.

Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes) leave single RAM module installed, graphics card, DVD drive, keyboard and mouse and start the board. See if still the same.
If still no go, leave only CPU and CPU fan installed and see if any beeps when starting the board.

MrLooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Do you know whereabouts the CMOS battery is located? I can't find it anywhere, I'm going to keep looking but if you know please let me know :)

MrLooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I managed to reset the CMOS using the Jumper located on the bottom right hand side and it booted up.
Thanks for your help! Is there anything I can do in the future to make sure this doesn't happen again or is it just something that happens every now and then?