Intel HD 5200

dennnic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2013
I've been looking quite a while for this igpu and I'm curious if there is i5 proccesor with 5200 inside available on market. Did some digging and found two versions of i5 (4570R and 4670R) with integrated HD 5200 and 4MB of cache, but they are not available at the moment and there isn't even a recommended price for them.

Does that mean that those versions aren't released yet? When can we expect them on the market?

Has anyone already tried HD 5200 graphics on i7? I plan to use that igpu for every day stuff, browsing, movies and occasionaly gaming (something like Sims, Civilisation or Tomb Raider...) Is that going to be enough for my needs?

logainofhades

Titan
They are not out yet and will be soldered in chips for OEM's. They will sell at a premium as well as I understand it. If you want decent IGP graphics now, an A10-6800k is your best option and will be enough for what you state you want to use the system for.

As stated above, the i5-4570R and i5-4670R are not released as components that can be bought and installed in any socket 1150 motherboard. They are "BGA" socket CPUs which means they are soldered directly into the motherboard. You will need to buy a pre-built PC (like Dell or HP) to get a PC with the i5-4570R or i5-4670R whenever they become available.

Additionally, the Intel HD 5200 requires eDRAM (embedded DRAM) that has to be installed (soldered) on the motherboard. This is separate from RAM sticks that you can install yourself in any PC. The eDRAM are basically the same RAM chips found on all RAM sticks, but the chips are soldered directly into the motherboard. An Intel HD 5200 without eDRAM is simply known as the HD 5000 or HD 5100 depending on the clockspeed.

Therefore, you will never be able to buy an Intel CPU with with the Intel HD 5200.