Extremely cold CPU?

Are these temperatures normal?

• Total voters

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I recently (today), built my friend a PC, here are the specs:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1rADh

We overclocked the CPU to 4ghz from 2.6ghz, using stock paste and stock cooler. Overclocked RAM from 1333mhz to 1866mhz, and the GPU to the max using the sliders on MSI afterburner and AMD overdrive. However the GPU looks normal 40 degrees idling, and 70 using MSI Kombustor using the fuzzy test. However the CPU idles at 9 degrees and is 30 when using Prime 95. We're using 3 sickle flows exhausting at the top and rear of the case, and the front fan of the cooler master 430 inputting, with a huge block stopping the air from going anywhere (no cable management area so all the cables are in between HHD rack and GPU).

Are the temperatures abnormal, or am I just so awesome that I managed to get the CPU that cold?

has22fas

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Sorry going to have to say them are incorrect temperatures unless you are living in north pole. Reason is your ambient temperature has to be 9c or under for you to get them temperatures, realistic temperature would be 30c-40c idle. And with a stock cooler I know for sure them temps are wrong hell a water cooling setup and a 14c ambient temp couldnt get u 9c on cpu idle

Jonathan Sifleet

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

No, clocked it myself, the motherboard doesnt support lab burst.