two computers in a wired network wont connect

Agengineer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I have a network between a 3D printer and a control computer. Recently the job manager software stopped connecting to the 3D printer. I worked with the customer support from the printer and they came to the determination that they problem must be in one of the network cards.

I pinged the network cards of both machines on each machines and they were able to connect. I also pinged 127.0.0.1 on both computers with 0% loss, but when I tried to ping the other computers IP address they are not able to connect to each other. I then swithed network cable to see in the cable was shot, but I have the same problem.

Any Ideas?

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I surmise that the 3d printer is a network printer with network settings? And so is the control computer? If so try this: Look at the network settings and make sure the gateway is correctly set.

If you still have a problem with the control computer to the 3d printer , set the control computer's IP address as the 3d printer's gateway. Then change the 3d printers IP address as the control computer's gateway. You are simply using the other machine as the gateway setting it up this way.

It makes no sense if you can ping either machines from your computer unless another device has the same IP address.... Unplug the 3D printer and try pinging it, if it does then someone else or some other device is also using the same IP address. Give that person a good swift kick in the rear if they set it statically.........You need a network map and anyone trying to help would be able to visualize the predicament and scenario you are experiencing