Radiators as intakes on corsair 650D?

don2xify

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Hi,
I have a corsair 650D case and I was planning on getting the rx240 water cooling kit to cool my cpu and gpu. I figured it wouldn't be enough for both so I also plan on getting an extra 200mm radiator with a 180mm fan(FN181) in the front.

Now, I plan on making both radiators as intakes and just 1x120mm rear exhaust.

I thought that the best way to cool the radiators would be to have fresh air going through them instead of hot air. However, will that leave too much hot air inside the case?

I was also thinking of having the front as intake, rear as intake and the top as exhaust, but I don't think blowing hot air through the top radiator is a good idea.

I don't really like the idea of having exhaust in the front since I'm sitting right in front of my case, so I'd rather not have it if possible.

Which would be the best option?

Or should I just buy a new case? I'd really rather not spend more money on a new case but I would if necessary

I really don't want a full tower as it's way too big. Which mid tower case would be the best option for water cooling with minimal modding. Or the best small full tower case.

don2xify

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

So what do you suggest? How do I position the fans?