Just installed Asus HD 7770 and i get no display on my monitor.

Andoon808

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hey there i Have M3N72-D (MoBo) 9850 Phenom (CPU) 4GB of ram, 730wat (PSU) and i Just got a Asus HD 7770 (GPU). I installed it (6 pin is connected) fans works and i have the greenlight but i get no display on my monitor :( somebody please help me come up with a solution to get my new video card to work.

Solution
Hi,

What was the previous video card and video cable used, and what video cable is used now?

Some monitors have a toggle button or menu option to switch between analog and digital. If you did change cable type or using a different connection to the monitor, this could be it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,

What was the previous video card and video cable used, and what video cable is used now?

Some monitors have a toggle button or menu option to switch between analog and digital. If you did change cable type or using a different connection to the monitor, this could be it.

Solution

Andoon808

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I am connecting it VIA DVI i used both ports but it still isnt working.

Andoon808

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I previously had a 4650 connected Via DVI.

Andoon808

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I will check the bios real quick and im using no adapters just DVI and my monitor is a rosewill R911E and its on digital.

Andoon808

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

LOL yes i have them connected on both ends :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
alright, don't want to think the card is busted.

When taking out the old card, check to see if nothing else was accidentally removed, cpu power connector, memory. Anything that could have been dislodged.

Also might want to try clean the slot contacts of any dust with a fine brush and resit the graphics card. Perhaps not so much dust, but maybe the card isn't sitting right.

I bought 2 of the same cards he did I cross fired them But I ran them hdmi out now when I rebuilt my old ladys pc I had to do legacy and do vga because of her old monitor...Thers a lot of things could be wrong card not seated all the way did he plug power into it. is the monitor set for the dvi and so on.

KaboodleMoon

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

I've looked at his PC and tested his card in mine, the card itself is not the fault. The Motherboard he's using says it's PCI-E 2/1, and should work fine. I also tested the voltage on his 6pin connector and it's outputting at a steady 12.4v. I do this kind of stuff all the time and I'm pretty stumped here. I've basically concluded there's SOMETHING incompatible about his pci-e slot, as he's tried 2 other cards locally as well that did not work. I think the chipset actually is using the legacy PCI-E 1.1 which has issues with newer AMD cards.

bero213

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

This just happened to me with the same kind of GPU (Asus GTX650).. my problem was that it wasn't seated... Look at the gold shit that should be in the PCIE x16.. make sure u DONT see it AT ALL .. if u do get the MBO out and see if it can go deeper if not it was seated right! Please make sure to check this really good cuz I died while trying to find out what is wrong! Before you do anything tell us do you get any beeps if you don't make sure that u connect your mbo speaker.. if you get 1+8 beeps on AMI bios i was right it wasn't seated right.. if u get 3 beeps it is your ram... if it never stops beeping by no order it is your CPU.. but nothing of that is right probably cuz it has something to do with seating .. i was in the same situation like u.. i tell people something .. and they keep telling me some unuseless shit that I already tried... just go and make sure the card is seated and go and RESET your bios with Clearing CMOS ... with the jumper thing.. it is easy after you done that take your case and disconnect everything... get the cables out like sata.. the reconnect everything make sure everything is in like HDD cables.. MBO cable and cpu cable! Clean the dust! Reseat the gpu again! If the bracket is blocking the gpu from seating .. you know where you screw the gpu on the bracket ... well take a hammer and hit the part on the case where it is getting blocked a few times so it goes a bit deeper (DO THIS ONLY IF YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR CASE) ... Dude I really hope I helped cuz nothing helped me but my own brain and I just told you what I did.. I was bothering with my GPU for like 24 hours NO pause at all or sleeping! I really hope i'll save you from that pain!

Talbuscus

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I'm honestly surprised no-one's told you to try starting in safe mode and installing the drivers. This literally happened to me a couple of days ago with my machine. But, I started in safe mode and installed the drivers, restarted the computer and everything worked fine.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
LOL couldn't start in safe mode because even the bios menu wouldn't show up no display no nothing connected to on board graphics and display works.

Grexion

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I have the same problem with my ASUS HD 7770 card, i have it set on the MOBO fine and i have a 500W PSU with the 6 pin power cable attatched and the green LED and fans are running but still no display. If you find a solution let me know!!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Problems are all over the place, they are never the same.

Some people mistakenly use different sized motherboard standoffs or use them in the incorrect locations or not enough of them causing a slight bow, enough to disrupt gpu connection to the pci slot.

or;

• GPU could be broken
    PSU not good enough
    PSU connectors not properly used

or this one, is quite tricky;

Hdmi is not primary until you install drivers. Use VGA or DVI instead. Possibly even Display Port, that would be a worry if its DP but at times when manufactured and programmed, sometimes it just is.

TRENDING THREADS