How noticeable is the difference between CL10 and CL11 at 2400MHz?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
CL10 is much better, plus provides more OC headroom if you want to try and OC the sticks to 2666 or higher, I'd look att he GSkill Tridents 2400/10 - I run those in my 2570K build and they have OC headroom to 2666

Alexander Moon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
As far as I understood sticks at 2400 MHz ar already under the OC mode, since standard voltage is 1.5v, while 2400 MHz is at 1.65. I could be wrong though (still a noob).

In any case, would you be able to show some figures to demonstrate that "much" difference you're referring to?

Thanks a lot

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Standard voltage, per Intel is 1.5, for the CPU at stock, DRAM running at 1866 or higher may require an OC of the CPU which normally calls for more voltage to the CPU and MC, so higher DRAM voltage are also OK, though not so stated by INtel as they do not officially support OCing the CPU - (which makes no sense since they DESIGNED and they MAKE the CPUs as OCable....somewhat of a conundrum, huh? The sticks themselves are not considered OCed in the least, they are designed and made to run at the specified freq, and use XMP (also an Intel standard for their not to be overclocked CPUs) standard profiles..........as far as the actual differences between CL10 and CL11, it's not large, but as stated the lower CL allows for better possibility of OCing the sticks at decent (performance) timings....personally the only way for me to kick out numbers is to take my 3570K or my 4770K and underclock the sticks to run tests which I don't really have the time to do.....I check in here when I have time, while doing other things and right nowhave two rigs in, one for a cleanup and the other for an upgrade, and am currently rebuilding my 3570K as I used the drives from it to build my Hero/4770K