Video Editing/ Gaming Rig (First Time Builder!)

Bryce Cooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm finally going to attempt to build my own computer! My goal is to construct a PC that performs well in both the video editing and gaming arenas. I plan to use Adob premiere, after effects, and even 3ds max occasionally. But since I'm new at building, I have a limited understanding of what parts are compatible with one another or whats even an itelligent choice.

Below is a public wishlist I threw together on Newegg because it seemed the easies way to show what I have selected. No DVD optical drive is on the list because I have one from a previous computer I hope to use. If you all wouldnt mind looking over my componenets and letting me know if they are compatible/ intelligent choices, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, my budget isnt low. I dont mind investing cash in quality and performance. With that being said though, if any of you have ideas on ways I can lower my overall cost without skimping on quality, and performance, my ears are always open. Thank you so much for your time and patience on my behalf.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=18536732

Bryce Cooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Thank you! I'm glad you said that! I had the Sabertooth on my original list but convinced myself to "value engineer" it out. Now I can justify it to myself to put it back in! Why do you say a bigger SSD. I mean im sure I need one, but im interested why you suggest it all the same. Also, are my parts compatible? Thank you so much for your help and time!

Platinum Era

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Everything is compatible, don't worry. Maybe if you felt like you will be using your SSD for more then a boot drive and having some applications, 256GB would be nice but if you don't exactly want to allocate more funds towards the SSD you can stick with the 128GB just fine. Also go with this case instead so you can have more room then the R4 offers.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139023

Bryce Cooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

The case looks like it will work great! So I have one more question for you if you are willing to field it. So my 128 SSD as you said would be allocated as my boot drive, but would it not be able to hold applications as well? I was hoping to load Adobe CS6, 3DS Max, and a few other applications on to it. would it be too much?

Platinum Era

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

It will easily hold all of that. 128Gb is still a lot of space.

Bryce Cooke

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Platinum Era, just wanted to say thanks for helping me out. I can purchase confidently now :)