AMD Never Settle Forever Program Finally Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

matter37

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
The previous Never Settle was better, in my opinion. It is cool that you get to chose from some games, but the list is quite limited.

matter37

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
The previous Never Settle was better, in my opinion. It is cool that you get to chose from some games, but the list is quite limited.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
As long as this doesn't impact the hardware prices then why not. I'm not really very excited about any of those games, but free makes them a good value.

Get off my planet!!! :D

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama.png

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Dear amd, advertise the hell out of it and you will most certainly succeed. Otherwise, you'd just be handing out money for nothing.

Oh and put F1 etc on the list. Not all gamers care about violence and killing and stuff.

OcelotRex

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
It's always nice to get free games; however, these titles don't represent a HUGE value. Tomb Raider was on sale last month twice for $10. I just picked up Crysis 3 (not on the list but was included in the bundles last time) for $13. Each game in reality it worth between $10-20 dollars if you're activily shopping for them. In my opinion that's not worth picking up year old hardware instead of Nvidia's offerings unless you're grabbing the Sapphire or XFX 7950 that's been on sale for $200 or the 7970 that was on sale this week for 289.99. If those are included in this deal it's a no brainer to go AMD for excellent value.

piklar

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Its a brilliant marketing strategy with decent games on offer, be interesting to see if Nvidia comes up with a never settle version of their own..

i don't think nvidia will offer something similar to amd never settle bundle but i think they will keep doing what the did in the past: bundling their hardware at least with one game. the latest one is they bundling Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition (+ Splinter Cell Conviction) with the purchase of 660 and above for 600 series and 760 and above for 700 series. the never settle program really did get nvidia off guard when amd able to catch most of the triple A title late last year/early this year.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
AMD announces "we never will make money forever because we have to give free games away to sell a card" program...

I hope NV does not do this. This is exactly why the gpu division make ZERO dollars now vs. last year. Pull your heads out of your butt AMD. Quit losing money. To accomplish this goal you have to charge more for your products (which NV will follow immediately, they like money for R&D too, along with profits), and quit giving out free stuff. It's that simple.

Don't you "lovers of free stuff and price cuts" realize AMD is making NO MONEY? They just lost another 74million. How much do they have to lose before you start worrying about an NV only world with GTX650's going for $400 and Titan's costing $2000? If you want cheap games join steam, gog etc. We don't need AMD giving away top priced games that you can get elsewhere in a few months for $10 (without breaking AMD).

As much as I hate higher prices, I also realize the LOW prices are killing AMD. Again I say, THEY ARE LOSING MONEY!!! If you love AMD you'd better start asking for HIGHER prices and NO GAMES! I'm confused how people on a tech site don't seem to understand simple economics. A business can't make money by giving free stuff out, and offering products at stupid pricing.

Nvidia isn't screwing us either. They are making far less per quarter than they did in 2007 or so (about 1/2 roughly). Guess what less profits means? Less R&D spent on the next gens or the ones after that for better gpus/cpus/socs. Get it?

theclouds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Like everyone said so far. I'm not complaining about free games. Yes, I know a lot of people were expecting Watch Dogs or BF4, BUT let's not be greedy. Consider the alternative = No games whatsoever. AMD has its ups and downs. This is mostly definitely one of its ups. I really hope AMD is making money on this, because without AMD there won't be competition.

By alternative, did you mean nvidia?

I think bf4 will be added later since the game is amd gaming evolved title. But watch dog is nvidia title. Idk if amd never settle bundle will give codes for non gaming evolve title

theclouds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Sorry, late reply. Good catch. Might've slip there. But I won't take sides. Doesn't Nvidia have Splinter Cell: Blacklist? mmhmm.

Seriously, Nvidia never really had to include games to sell their cards. They have a different strategy. Excellent driver support for one. But I am glad, AMD has addressed crossfire to an extent with their latest beta. Step in the right direction I'd say.

Well it is part of marketing strategy. Not just to sell the card but also to tell the public they indeed working with developer more than just providing good driver by adding stuff that only exclusive to the pc version. Earlier this year amd talk about how titan is nvidia desperate move to counter amd product because game developer now working with amd instead of nvidia. By doing this (adding exclusive stuff to pc version of the games and giving out free copy with gtx purchase) they want to show the public what amd said is not true

Status
Not open for further replies.