• ASUS GeForce® GTX 760 DirectCU II

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gigabyte GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB OC WINDFORCE 3X

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

kgrockermaki

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I currently have an MSI N460GTX Hawk, which is starting to struggle with running most games on higher settings. I was recently looking through NVIDIA's cards and noticed that the 760 has very good performance for it's price (compared to other NVIDIA cards).

I don't have much money to spend, so I'm looking for a price that's up to around 300USD meaning cards like 770GTX are out of the question. Also, I don't want to buy a Radeon card because I fear I'll run into optimization problems in the future(among other things).

Should I upgrade my card at this time or are there going to be similar (or even better) opportunities in the near future? Is my current card not as bad as I'm thinking? Should I wait for cards like the 770 to drop to around 300USD or would that take over half a year.

If you think it's best for me to upgrade to a 760 right now, which one should I choose? I was thinking of getting the MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC. Should I wait for the N760 Hawk to come out? It has the same cooler as the MSI N760 Gaming just better overclocking capabilities (which I don't really need all that much).

Sorry for the long post, if you answer any part of it I will be very grateful.

Hi - I would say you already came up with the right solution. Upgrade to the gtx 760, it is as
you have discovered prob the best price/perf card in the Nvidia lineup right now.
And, it's huge performance increase.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/859?vs=854

Yes, you could wait, but why? Start enjoying better performance now.

kgrockermaki

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

You're right, but I'm just afraid that there might be a better opportunity in the near future and that I'll regret buying the card now.
Is there any info on the future NVIDIA card releases?

There will always be a better deal at some point, but that strategy almost assuredely means
you will always be waiting for the 'next deal' and living with mediocre performance now.

I don't believe you will see any new Nvidia this year, they already released (even tho some are
just rebadge) the 760, 770, 780, & Titan this year. Prices will def drop on the 780 & Titan
when supply catches up & AMD releases (also most likely to be rebadge's). But, the 780
& Titan will still be very expensive. The 770 might drop a little, but not anywhere near the
the 760 range.