GTX 770 SLI Triple Monitor Help

Robert Haynes

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Ok, I am going to purchase 2 GTX 770s 2GB and need to be able to run 3 monitors at once and was wondering if I would be able to do? This has 2 purposes, 1) I want to be able to play games on as high as possible (though I plan to only use my main monitor for gaming with something like Chrome on the other and my IMs and skype on the 3rd)
and 2) I need 3 monitors for my job as I work from home/

Will SLI GTX 770 support a 3 monitor setup and can I put 2 monitors on the 2nd card and the primary monitor on the first card or do they all have to be on the same card? I am stuck and have no idea so I came here for help. Thanks for any answers!

Solution
OK here's what you have to do.
1. Hook up 1 monitor to GPU 1 and 2 monitors to GPU 2
2. Under Screen resolution click each monitor and select extend desktop
3. Under screen resolution click the 25" monitor and set as primary

Hope that clears up my last post.

David Lugarov

Honorable
May 3, 2013
3 monitors will run easy off of SLI 770s. 2 770s are very powerful cards, for games with great graphics, you should definitely span the game across all three monitors, and your PC will handle it easy. You can plug in any monitor to any card and it will work. Cheers!

Robert Haynes

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Awesome that was my biggest problem. Does it matter if they are different sizes or resolutions? I plan on getting a 24 or 25 inch to complement my 2 23s I run now. Would I need to put the odd monitor out on its own card?

So, I could do the 25 on primary and the two 23s on the second and be completely good?

2 run a game across 3 monitors, the three monitors will need to be the same resolution. I believe the same is true if you want to combine the resolution for all the monitors. However to extend the desktop from the primary monitor to the two others, the resolution won't matter. And yes you would want to setupthe 25" as the primary and extend to the other two.

Robert Haynes

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Umm, I don't actually want to run it across all 3 monitors. I will be playing the game on my main monitor and the other 2 I will have stuff like internet browser and IMs and skype and what not on them.

OK here's what you have to do.
1. Hook up 1 monitor to GPU 1 and 2 monitors to GPU 2
2. Under Screen resolution click each monitor and select extend desktop
3. Under screen resolution click the 25" monitor and set as primary

Hope that clears up my last post.

Solution

Robert Haynes

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Yup, that clears it up perfectly! Thanks man. I was afraid I would have to get some kinda display port adapter or something in case I had to put em all on one but you told me what I wanted to hear haha