am i mod?

xtreme5

Distinguished
hello guys!

after a long break I'm surprise to see "pick as a best solution"
is that mean I'm moderator?
i can see that title in every user posts?
whats going on everything is changed alot???
my account is acting like a moderator?
I;m little confuse anyone can clear that?

Solution
no i doubt it. i too see on thread's the option to pick the best answer and im sure as hell am not a mod. plus if you were there would be a star before your name, and i don't see any star's.

i think that pick the best answer thing is a standard option after you have certain amount of badges or posts

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
no i doubt it. i too see on thread's the option to pick the best answer and im sure as hell am not a mod. plus if you were there would be a star before your name, and i don't see any star's.

i think that pick the best answer thing is a standard option after you have certain amount of badges or posts

Solution
The rules are quite simple:
1. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
2. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
3. If you come across a thread with an answer that is obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you leave it as is.
4. You do not choose an answer in an active thread unless you are the thread originator.

The moderator team is quite good at spotting and dealing with abuse of the BA system, so be very careful with the power.

Ex_Bubblehead

what you can and can not do with your new abilities:

if the thread creator marks a best answer - do not touch it
if the thread is still active - do not touch it, let the thread starter pick a BA if possible
if the thread creator has not marked a BA in an older thread and looks to have abandoned it - yes, you can mark a BA
if you come across an older thread with a wrong BA that was not selected by the thread creator - yes, you can change it

generally if the thread creator marked a BA, leave it alone. otherwise its fair game in any non-currently active thread.

--

as mousemonkey stated, this is something which was introduced in one of our updates in order to help promote best answer selection in older threads.

no, you are not a moderator. we can be recognized by our moderation star and our badge tag. it also is not something that just gets handed out randomly.

--

hopefully that answers some of your questions.

edit:
@ex... beat me to the punch! it must take me longer to write up replies than you :lol:

D

Deleted member 217926

Oh dear. No I think you might be the only one of us who didn't fail the comprehension test. Good thing we made you an overlord! :lol: