Sign in with
Your question

Amd Hd Radeon 4890 XFX Overclocking using CCC problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2013 2:59:48 PM

Im trying to overclock my AMD graphics card (according to me its amazing) but the sad moment occurs that every time i try to Overclock my Graphics Card my screens go all funky and crash or my whole computer crashes.
I have tested it with a Nvidia GTX 260 but there was no problem until i went a bit too far so i know its definatley not my Motherboard or CPU or another component so i just need to ask if anyone can help me with this situation my current overclocks are at this link:
http://puu.sh/433x0.png

The reason i like this card is that Its amazing at new recent games and pretty reliable at stock speeds.
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2013 3:42:59 PM

Some cards are good for overclocking some aren't. You should just run it at stock speeds or buy a better card.
August 15, 2013 4:55:02 PM

swilczak said:
Some cards are good for overclocking some aren't. You should just run it at stock speeds or buy a better card.

Thnx for the info but i have checked up on the card and according to AMD and a few other people this card is well fit for overclocking using the AMD Overdrive

Oh and one more thing i recently chaged out my cards as mentioned and the GTX didnt support hibernation so it dissapeared but the XFX AMD did now i cant hibernate my pc can u help with that 2?

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2013 5:54:35 PM

Your card can only get a 10% performance increase at best when overclocked which translates to nothing pretty much in modern games since your card is almost 5 generations old. I don't think it's worth the trouble of crashing drivers and possible damage to your card. You can enable hibernate like this.

make hibernation available, follow these steps:1.Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2.In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
3.When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4.At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
5.Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.
August 15, 2013 6:47:19 PM

swilczak said:
Your card can only get a 10% performance increase at best when overclocked which translates to nothing pretty much in modern games since your card is almost 5 generations old. I don't think it's worth the trouble of crashing drivers and possible damage to your card. You can enable hibernate like this.

make hibernation available, follow these steps:1.Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2.In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
3.When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4.At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
5.Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

Thankyou for informing me that even overclocking my graphics card wll only do that anount of a upgrade (so i wont bother with that anymore)
But the HIBERNATION hasent come back :(  i followed the instructions ran cmd as admin etc etc rebooted etc etc and reinstalled the drivers still no result ( sorry 2 be a pain but its really bugging me
a b U Graphics card
August 15, 2013 8:33:06 PM

Do you have 4gb of Ram or more? If so hibernation is not an option
!