How do i update my graphics card and motherboard?

Zedan Rashwan

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I have a sapphire 7950 overclock edition and a ga-970a-ud3 gigabyte motherboard. I also have an amd fx 6100. I have been getting horrible performance in games lately and i think that a lot of my stuff needs to be updated like my mobo bios, graphics bios and drivers for my graphics card. I also join black ops 2 games really late for some reason i get stuck at awaiting textures and join like a minute late. Its annoying please let me know if there is a way to update all this stuff.

Jaxem

Honorable
Mobo:

1.Google your mobo model number
2.Find actual manufacturer website for the board in list
3.Go to support or downloads
4.Find/download latest Bios
5.Flash from Bios/whatever tool it came with

GPU:

1.Go to AMD.com
2.Follow "find a driver" dialogue in top right corner
3.Install new CCC

I doubt this is probably the root of your issue, but there it is.

Mikefly123

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
It's rare to require a bios update from what I've collected what kind of "horrible" preformance are you getting low frame rates? Artifacts? Screen tearing?

Check your temps with MSI afterburner.

Question. Why do you have a FX-6100 it's inferior to it's generation's budget counterpart at intel and it's probably bottlenecking your high end card.

Mikefly123

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
BO2 is a really low standard game using a engine at this point obsolete masked with simple HD textures so make sure your not using onboard graphics. You might of accidentally switched to it.

Zedan Rashwan

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

I dont have onboard graphics :p just my sapphire 7950 which amd doesent have an update for. Should i go to sapphire.com?

Zedan Rashwan

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

Ive had it since last summer