PS4 or Budget gaming rig

Joe199

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I don't know whether to get a ps4 or build a pc gaming rig. If I go with a pc, I plan on getting a Radeon 7870 hd with an amd fx 8350 and or an intel i5 3350p. Can someone help me in determining which one is the better choice?

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
i had the same issue, except the rig i was thinking of was $1200 without monitor or games. The ps4 was $1000 WITH games, AND a tv. My opinion is ps4. all games for ps4 are optimized for that system. ps4 also has exclusives. But if you like optimizing your pc each time new games come out, and or want to mod, then go ahead with a pc. BUt it all comes down to YOUR opinion

MyNameIsRobert

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I don't know if I can answer your question but I'll try to. I've noticed consoles are getting more and more expensive over time if you think about it. The Xbox One costs $500+ while the PS4 costs $400+ from what I've read and not to mention the games cost around $60. You can also take into account the subscriptions that are needed to play online cost more money too. If I were you I'd rather just buy a PC since PC games are cheaper especially during the Steam sales. I've spent more on my Xbox360 than I did on my PC by a long shot. You can also update your PC when it gets old instead of buying a new console and owning games that aren't backwards compatible to the previous one.