how does my system temps look ?

cheesus90

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Hey,
I have posted a picture below showing my temps and voltages, i could really use some help/advice about how i can improve the same..

its a fairly old system running on stock cooler with 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans (one of which is a heatsink fan that exhausts air out).

I have all the fans connected to a fan controller, is that recommended ?, none of the fans are connected through the motherboard, im hoping that shouldn't be a problem.

Please have a look at the screen shot below, all specs are mentioned on the screenshot.
NOTE: all these temps are on idle. Room temperature is around 27C.

Also the case im using is not so great with horrible cable management.

Its almost impossible to play games as i worry that my pc will overheat,
I have recently applied a new thermal paste (IC Diamond), and have noticed the temps reduce by a couple of degrees.

Link to the screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/abeeroks61/temps_zpsb31917f9.jpg

So if you guys see anything thats not right, please let me know :)

cheesus90

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Idle.. i recently cleaned it up and reapplied thermal paste on it .. its only been a couple of hours since i put all my parts back together..

h3sham

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
well it looks ok but id keep an eye on that 56 degrees , if it doesn't get too high , u r good to go aside from that ur temps are perfect

cheesus90

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I was playing tomb raider 2013, and i saw a benchmark test there.. so i decided to give it a shot, my gpu reached 96C, now i know gtx 560ti can reach upto 99C, but damn that number scared the shit out of me, i did put one of my sp120 fans to blow cool air at it but there was barely any difference in temps.

Id like to say i do plan on upgrading the board as well as my cpu in a couple of months (Asus Maximus + i5 4670) so i thought id mention this before you read whats written below and think that im a complete retard for having such an idea..
Now i know this might seem stupid to most, but im leaning more towards setting up a custom loop for my cpu, Yes i know id be spending $200+ for cooling on a $80 cpu, but its more of a hobby than anything else,
its quite hard to find a full cover block for my 560ti but the search is still on even though im not a 100% sure if im gonna be cooling the gpu coz i maybe upgrading to a better gpu but not anytime soon..
might just wait for maxwell or if i can get a really good deal on some good gpus like 770/780's.

water cooling parts which i have short listed:
1)swiftech MCP 655 pump
2)Swiftech apogee hd water block (since it is universal), although i also like the EK waterblock alot!
3)alphacool radiator, (probably a triple 120 or a quad 120, 40mm-80mm thickness) depending on my
case
4)primochill advance tubing
5) coolant (havnt decided on that yet)

Now i am a bit confused on what type of reservoir should i pick.
Been searching on it quite a lot actually but getting mixed reviews, although the swiftech MCRES rev2 is cheap and pretty good from what i've heard but it doesnt not have too much aesthetic appeal to it.

I have read that the bay reservoirs arnt great since a reservoir should be mounted close the pump, please correct me if i am wrong since ive had no experience in water cooling before..

Also, i am looking at 3/8ID 5/8OD Compressions fittings, but i dont know which brand should i get.. i want them in matt black..

The online shops i am looking at are:
www.sidewindercomputers.com (Accurate pricing and affordable shipping cost)
www.jab-tech.com (not sure if they ship internationally)
www.Frozencpu.com (over priced + high shipping cost)

Please leave some advice and suggestions guys since i am new to the world of water cooling.