Dell Inspiron 530 graphics card upgrade

newyearman10

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Ive been searching through this forums to see which is the best graphics card that is compatible with my computer. I'm not looking for a high end graphics card. I'm just looking for a graphics card to run the games i mostly play on high settings with 30~50 fps with a budget of $70

Games:
League of Legends
Garrys Mod
Minecraft
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2

I found this graphics card that I'm not that sure if it will be compatible with my computer. It is the XFX Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3.

System Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz
4GB of RAM
300w PSU

Thanks for your help in advance.
Also the Inspiron 530 i have is not the slim version.

Your CPU will probably cause issues trying to play those games on High with those framerates, and you will be better off with the 7750 instead of the 6670, it uses less power and is a safer pick to run on a stock power supply. The 6670 may run OK though, but it's slower than the 7750 which may or may not matter with your CPU speed holding it back anyway. I'd to with the 7750 though as you can upgrade the CPU to a faster one at some point for pretty cheap. If your system can run the Q6700 or Q8xxx series or something, that would be an OK upgrade later to match the 7750.

newyearman10

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Thanks for your reply. Will the XFX AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 be able to fit snug in my cabinet? Also what frame rates do you think ill be able to get in League of Legends

Any online game would have slow downs based on the internet connection and the servers, I never played the game so could not say how it performs. You can check on reviews of it, they should have some benchmarks listing how it runs. I doubt you will have it run all the time at over 30fps with your CPU though. A 7750 is a pretty good card but the CPU will hold it back a bit. If you want to have very smooth play at high settings for most games, you need to upgrade the CPU and get a 7770 video card or higher.