5/5 on CPU expert, but no badge?

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
The title explains it all: on my profile I have 5/5 for CPU expert, yet I don't have any access to the badge and it doesn't say I received it like it should. Can anyone at all help me? Thanks so much!

Solution
It's a glitch. Once you answer one more CPU related question, it will be granted to you, and you will have 6/20. It's just weird how the ranking system is displayed.

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Oh wow, I hope it goes to 6/20 like mentioned, but that sucks. Hopefully they fix it!

Yeah, in your case, it's a little strange. All i can say is keep answering questions. Luckily, it should keep all the points you already have if you get the badge, so you don't get reverted back to 5.

Oh I have gotten more best answers in memory but no badge and no addition to the progress. At this point I have given up paying attention to the badge progress because well, I really don't need to know how many best answers i have in each section. It's more for others to know your specialty.

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

I'm not doing it for the badges but I sure wouldn't mind seeing one hahahaha

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
We're looking into ways to make the system a bit more intuitive in terms of what we show to users as it relates to badges. I see that you've received your badge, kirilmatthew - good to see!

bgunner, your situation is unique, having Best Answers but not having the badge there. I've forwarded it on for investigation by the developers to take a look at what the problem is there, and hopefully we'll get that resolved for you.

Thank you jpishgar for your attention to this issue. I look forward to having this resolved. :)

EDIT: this may be a bit late but I just noticed that none of my badge progress is being registered. I received another best answer but my total best answers have not increased. Actually come to think of it, it hasn't increased in over 2 months with receiving best answers. Hope this info will help the developers narrow this problem down easier.