Solved

5/5 on CPU expert, but no badge?

The title explains it all: on my profile I have 5/5 for CPU expert, yet I don't have any access to the badge and it doesn't say I received it like it should. Can anyone at all help me? Thanks so much!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu expert badge
  1. Best answer
    It's a glitch. Once you answer one more CPU related question, it will be granted to you, and you will have 6/20. It's just weird how the ranking system is displayed.
  2. Join the Club I have 6/5 for memory and been like that for months now. There badge system has been broken for a while now. I have no clue when they will repair it or even IF they will repair it.
  3. expl0itfinder said:
    It's a glitch. Once you answer one more CPU related question, it will be granted to you, and you will have 6/20. It's just weird how the ranking system is displayed.

Okay thanks so much!
  4. bgunner said:
    Join the Club I have 6/5 for memory and been like that for months now. There badge system has been broken for a while now. I have no clue when they will repair it or even IF they will repair it.

Oh wow, I hope it goes to 6/20 like mentioned, but that sucks. Hopefully they fix it!
  5. kirilmatthew said:
    bgunner said:
    Join the Club I have 6/5 for memory and been like that for months now. There badge system has been broken for a while now. I have no clue when they will repair it or even IF they will repair it.

Oh wow, I hope it goes to 6/20 like mentioned, but that sucks. Hopefully they fix it!

Yeah, in your case, it's a little strange. All i can say is keep answering questions. Luckily, it should keep all the points you already have if you get the badge, so you don't get reverted back to 5.
  6. expl0itfinder said:
    kirilmatthew said:
    bgunner said:

Yeah, in your case, it's a little strange. All i can say is keep answering questions. Luckily, it should keep all the points you already have if you get the badge, so you don't get reverted back to 5.

Oh I have gotten more best answers in memory but no badge and no addition to the progress. At this point I have given up paying attention to the badge progress because well, I really don't need to know how many best answers i have in each section. It's more for others to know your specialty.
  7. I agree. That's strange. It's a little amusing. This website is all about tech tips, and the people who run it can't get the bugs out. There seems to be a new problem every week.
  8. expl0itfinder said:
    I agree. That's strange. It's a little amusing. This website is all about tech tips, and the people who run it can't get the bugs out. There seems to be a new problem every week.

I'm not doing it for the badges but I sure wouldn't mind seeing one hahahaha
  9. We're looking into ways to make the system a bit more intuitive in terms of what we show to users as it relates to badges. I see that you've received your badge, kirilmatthew - good to see!

bgunner, your situation is unique, having Best Answers but not having the badge there. I've forwarded it on for investigation by the developers to take a look at what the problem is there, and hopefully we'll get that resolved for you.
  10. Thank you jpishgar for your attention to this issue. I look forward to having this resolved. :)

EDIT: this may be a bit late but I just noticed that none of my badge progress is being registered. I received another best answer but my total best answers have not increased. Actually come to think of it, it hasn't increased in over 2 months with receiving best answers. Hope this info will help the developers narrow this problem down easier.
  11. That may be instructive. I'll let them know.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware CPUs