GTX 650 lagging in Battlefield 3

TacoPaco

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Hi my fellow brethren. I have a pentium dual core E5400 2.7 gHz CPU and my PSU can pump out about 350 W i think maybe less bought the PC back in 2009 the needed elecricity wasn't so high back then for average users. I'm thinking of to upgrade my computer further so I'll start with one step at a time and thinking gettin a new PSU and RAM memory. One of my quesions are I have ddr2 4gb of RAM in my motherboard can take them away and replace them with ddr3 or is every motherboard mostly compatible with one type of ddr? Would sending in more voltage to the whole motherboard system increase performance? And lets say I change from ddr2 to ddr2 will my processor be able to keep up and not explode? Also will I need buy a new motherboard for some reason?

Edit: Will I need to buy a new motherboard and what's the best way to check what motherboard I have?

With that, a entire system overhaul might be needed. That cpu is on the weaker end so you need a new one there, which means a new motherboard and new ram. DDR2 ram wont work on DDR3 boards and vice versa. More watts wont increase performance but rather add to what you can upgrade. You need a 500+watt psu to get a decent graphics card which is what holds you back the most.

TacoPaco

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Are you a psychic? No but seriously I was thinking exactly the same thing your prophecy came true my man. I'm thinking of getting a new motherboard today switching from Intel to AMD because of monie reasonz and a new CPU some sweet new ram chips 8gb corsair (drink up me hearties.) And a new PSU just in case to be sure it will be able to power this mini Nasa computer. But I'm feeling doubtfulness about the need to really get a new PSU. I mean im running a GPU that is way below the minium needed electricity. And just to refer to the topic title if I choose my upgraded parts to be:

ASUS F1A55-M LE R2.0 - mATX / A55 - Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 641 2.8GHz - CPU
Corsair XMS3 Vengeance 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz - RAM
Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) CX600 600W 80+ Bronze - PSU

How much FPS on BF3 would I get on like medium settings or high?

I have a bit of dilemma chosing which PSU to buy because there is a cheaper PSU that has a maximum wattage of 700W while the one above is 600 but more expensive both are 80+ bronze.

This is it Chieftec PowerSupply (PSU) GPS-700A8 700W 80+

Those parts would be good, im not sure on fps wise though. As for the power supply cheaper isnt a good idea, cutting corners on psu is never a good idea as some dont output their full wattage and can be louder and less reliable. Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX are brands you want. The CX600 is good.