new workstation/gaming rig

SuperSandy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Hello Guys! I'm a person who works on 3d modelling and rendering such as 3dsmax & AutoCad but on my Free time I do play a lot especially on Diablo 3. I'm trying to upgrade my very Old Intel Duo Rig to a Next Gen Build. Would it be wise now to go for the 4770K build or would it be better if i just go for a the FX8350 build FYI I'm also considering the spendings. I was just hoping that my build would also be future proof until the next 3 years or more. Hope you can Help me guys on this one. I'm planning to build this Month or is it wise to Wait till the Next Intel CPU next gen comes?

chiefsfan27129

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Unless you plan to spend at least 80% or more of your time gaming, go with either the 4670k or 4770k. The FX8350 will disappoint you for anything besides gaming when compared to the intels.

I'd build now, because even if you wait, by the time you decide to build, there will be something else you could wait for at that point.

SuperSandy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Thanks Chief for the Reply , highly appreciated. I guess you're really right its like every 6 to 8 month period there's a new Upgrade to be thought upon, the hell with these Companies. LOL