watch dogs SLI link for GTX 550 Ti

Trent FosterTon

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Hey just recently I posted a separate thread to do with weather or not I will be able to run watch dogs on max settings with this setup

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6 1075T

Graphics = EVGA GEFORCE GTX 550 TI SC

Ram = CORSAIR VENGEANCE total 8 Gigs

OS = WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

HDD = 1T SATA HDD

Mother Board = GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

the response I got I got was that my GPU was not powerful enough and I needed to upgrade to somthing like a GTX 760.

now I'm not so sure monetarily I will be able to afford to get one and am wondering If I would get similar results from sli linking the card I have with a second GEFORCE GTX 550 TI will this yield the same result as a GTX 760? or at the very least will I be able to run watch dogs on max as that is all I really care about.

Thanks

Trent FosterTon

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

Do you definitely think a 760 will do it with the rest of my specs, I ask because I sometimes get choppiness an slow Frame Rate on Deus EX Human Revolution When it's high an I think to myself that can't just be the GPU can it?, my processor is easily powerful enough I just wonder if something eles may inhibit watch dogs An it needs to be on max this game looks too awesome for medium settings, I'll happily fork out for the 760 if it will in your words 'Kill it'

thanks for the detailed answerer and the time taken to help me :)

I know i wasnt apart of the main question here but any newer mid to high end gpu i usually go with ASUS due to their direct cuII heatsinks, quality, quiet, and work great. Besides how well the heatsink for the asus DCUII goes the quality of the components chosen for the card itself are usually better than others and of course the reference design

Trent FosterTon

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

Thanks I'll look into one :)

Platinum Era

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Wow, I completely forgot about this thread and your question. Currently the best/most recommended 760 would be EVGA's with the ACX cooling. Take a look at all of them, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+760&N=-1&isNodeId=1. Anything better then the reference cooler is recommended. EVGA's ACX does outperform Asus's currently. Gigabytes is louder then EVGA's and Asus's. MSI's is the quietest but performs slighty worse the EVGA's/Asus's. I recommend EVGA's GTX 760 SC ACX for 259.99 ->http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DHW4HXY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1377203403&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+760&condition=new.