Horizontal Lines Moving Up Monitor

GiraffeAssassin

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Recently built my first computer and foolishly thought an old monitor would be fine for a while. There was a ton of problems with it including flashing and horizontal transparent lines moving up the screen. I finally replaced the monitor with a new Benq RL2455HM and the horizontal lines are still there, but a little more faint, I can only see them on certain backgrounds or when I try hard to see them. The manual said to adjust the phase, but that didn't help, and I tried other suggestions I found like using an HDMI cord instead of the VGA cord that I was using to no avail. My graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7850

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
That suggests that the problem is between your video output and the screen itself. If you are using any kind of video splitter or adapter between the computer and the monitor, remove them.

LOA5000

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Do the lines tear the screen like. Like does the line feel like its over top of the image or is it actauly lines efecting the image?

GiraffeAssassin

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I also plugged a PS3 into the HDMI port of the monitor and the lines are gone which confuses me even more. So far no cable fixes the lines on my monitor, but connecting it to a TV does and the PS3 doesn't get any lines. Is it a graphics card problem or a monitor problem?

LOA5000

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
If I am understanding you correctly you used HDMI from the GPU to the monitor and you get lines.you use the ps3 HDMI to the monitor same port on the monitor as the PC and you get lines. Connect the the PC to the tv and you don't get lines

AceoFSpadesShri

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
i bought Benq RL2455HM monitor yesterday..
i was facing the same problem so i came here. but do not find anything useful.
then i decided to try new vga cable which comes with monitor because i was using old cable. old cable not creating any problem with my old HP Pavilion 25xi monitor though.
so i tried new vga cable and it worked all horizontal lines which are visible in most in dark areas (especially in games) are gone..
its working fine now.

TRENDING THREADS