Sign in with
Your question

I'm toying with the idea of building a custom PC case.

Last response: in Components
August 18, 2013 8:36:14 PM

My dad has the construction tools to do so, so that won't be an expense. I've been reading up on the Steampunk style and saw some really cool modifications to them. I'm thinking of buying a junk case from Frys and stripping the plastic off it so I have the frame and the wires only. Has anyone tried this? What would be involved?
August 18, 2013 9:47:56 PM

I don't think anyone's tried it, and it'd be extremely hard to get all the inside areas for HDD etc, motherboard standoffs, the perfect length... It'd be extremely hard to do... Think about it. The power button, realistically, just buy a good looking a base.
August 18, 2013 11:29:03 PM

Razerium said:
I don't think anyone's tried it, and it'd be extremely hard to get all the inside areas for HDD etc, motherboard standoffs, the perfect length... It'd be extremely hard to do... Think about it. The power button, realistically, just buy a good looking a base.

Yeah the power button would be the biggest challenge. I'm not talking about building a custom case from scratch. I'm talking about buying a cheap case from Frys, stripping off all the plastic, and building around the existing frame, then setting my components in the completed case.
August 19, 2013 10:48:05 AM

Sure, try it! Who knows... Go for it :bounce:  Make a thread and try to get some extra support! It might work and i'd be something pretty awesome to share with the world, make it could even become a sticky post if you do a tutorial on how to make your own case :) 

----
Make sure to vote that vote as solution button :) 
Related resources
!