Help me before i attack this computer

K3nji

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Right where to start i've custom built a pc into my tv stand n it worked like a dream but the main fan was facing the wrong way anyway i turned it round and put it back n after doing so i noticed one of the wires to my power on switch had broken away i've tried replacing the switch with all new wire n switch but its just not turning on i've checked with a volt meter n both the pins and wires before the switch have power running to it, i've also pulled it all apart and checked for any parts shorting out the board but still nothing its like its just being stubborn

You better attack it.

Use Tom's Hardware's Trademark hammer for that. :)

toms-hardware-6.jpg

(The Authority on Tech)

K3nji

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Lol i'll give it ago. Think i'll just av to try another switch if i can get hold of one or whole new parts :(

LifeisGood

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I'm sure you've checked this also but it doesn't hurt to mention.
Are the new wires the same gauge also the switch. My switch has like 6 pins on the back of it (don't for the life of me know why ) wires on the right pins? Pull the wires off the mobo and check continuity when you hit the switch.

K3nji

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Well its the same as old one except colour i've checked voltage on wires and when the switch is pushed on n all are running power through them checked pins none are bent n they're clean nothing stoppin it from working not too sure what you mean by gauge but yeah i've tried everything except try a new motherboard only thing i can think is i've shorted some point on the board humm this sux

TRENDING THREADS