I need help with the cooling of my PC case.. Suggestions

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
This is my current situation.. northbridge 2.8ghz, 1090T 3.8ghz, 4+1 vrm, negative retarded pressure cooling and no way in hell to put my stock HSF on the RAM side.. And on the picture you will see what I just did xD
And tell me how you would do it..would you let the little 90mm fan blow in the heatsink and the 120mm stock fan blow in the back to the other 120mm and out?

Here you have the pictures:
Pic1
Pic2

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Make sure you hot in goes out 1 way and your cool air goes in from a different way, your first pic have both hot air going out and cool air going in on the same side which doesn't work basically negates everything.

Second, does your case have a place for a front and bottom fan? If front fan is a yes, then make sure is coming in to the case from the front and side and hot air is leaving from the back/bottom.

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

You didnt give it much attention RIGHT? you should analize the picture better. And read to

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Are you sure it will be enough? Or better then how I have it now.. Cause there is alot of stuff to change

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Use RealTemp to monitor your temp with the setting I suggested then run Intel Burn test at standard. If temp is stable at 70~ degree Celsius with TJ max at 90~ you are fine if you don't plan on OCing. If you want to overclock or still have problems with temp then I suggest getting a better/smaller HSF other than your stock.

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Man you really need to read and look xD.. It is overclocked on 3.8.. my voltare module regulators are going to fry themselves any minute now. And I use another software to monitor my temps and yet another one to test stress the system. And everything is on the second pic

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012

To be honest personally I would never OC with a stock hsf but your temp's at 44 on load is more than fine.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
general rule of thumb is bottom side and front fans use for intake and rear and top use for exhaust which creates good airlow, if you use the top fan for intake like Geertt2 suggests you will have a big problem with dust even if you use filters it will regular cleaning id definitely stick to top exhaust,
can you mount a 120mm fan from the underneath of the heatsink blowing air towards the top exhaust fans? i think this would be optimal

edit:just seen your push pull configure so you would need to mount the pull fan to top of heatsink as well

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012

Only reason why I suggested top intake is because he got a weird stock fan mount. But dust will always gather more from the bottom intake than top intake anyways.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

you will pull in so much more dust with a top intake fan than a bottom intake fan you will probably have to clean the pc or filters weekly, his problem isn't a weird fan mount its a large heatsink which sits the fan over his ram which maybe is not low profile ram and he can't fit the stock 120mm fan for the heatsink

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Finally someone understands me.. And the thing is I once had the heatsink fan on the bottom pushing the air up to the top panel fans. But that wasnt good enough.. Cause the only air that came in was from the left side panel.. the one that gives cold air to the GPU.

I just want the best variation I can get.. I know all the hot air needs to be pushed out the back.. But will a 90mm be able to help to cool the heatsink and the stock fan of the heatsink to push hot air out?
And if I do it like this should I use the top panel fans for intake to? Or really there would be a big dust clusterfuck?

I don't know what to do
bottom up ..exaust top panel..
front panel intake.. exaust back panel but with the top ones pushing in or out or if I need them
What would be the best way to get cool air?

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
i think the way you actually have the fans set up now is not bad but i still think airflow preference id keep back and top exhaust all front and side intake and have the 90mm as push and the 120mm pull on the heatsink, changing a 120mm fan for a 90mm fan won't cause a drastic effect id imagine 2 or 3 degrees would be the most
your room is quite toasty at 29c so the cpu is 17c over on idle temp if you take the 90mm fan as 3c problem then your only 15c above ambient which does not seem too bad for an air cooler

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
just to show you what i take from your images is your blowing hot air on your ssd and hdd, im in a room of about 22c and idle i see this

q7bb.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

if you want to test have you got insufficient airflow in your case you can try leaving the side panel off and if you have a desk fan even better just aim it blowing air in the case and see does your temperatures drop a lot if they do then you have bad airflow

NaikJoy

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
So be it.. I will turn everything around and see how it goes.
I actually had the HDD in middle of the front panel opening and where the fan is blowing..
Before I had the heatsink stock fan blowing from the buttom up to the top panel and the front panel fan as intake..
Well now I actually thinking that I will add 2 fans at the front panel for intake.. 1 top panel fan blowing to the 90mm fan blowing into the heatsink..and the HSF and the other one fan on the top panel as exhaust..

And maybe I will just do some even creepier shit.. I would remove the bay for the optical disks and add there a intake fan..

Well I guess tommorow I will start working on this

TRENDING THREADS