Cooler Master Introduces Silencio 352 mATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

aebome

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
This looks to be a quieted version of their N200 mATX case, which is definitely a good base. I just wonder how the thermals will be with only two fans and all that sound deadening material. I do like the front better than the N200, which has the off-center "stripe" though, which doesn't look as good with an optical drive installed.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
Looks nice though the glossy front is a big negative for me, sure glossy black may look nice but glossy black with its inevitable fingerprints does not.

InvalidError

Titan
Looks like a fairly nice case.

I like my Antec 300/300v2 but my biggest pet peeve about them is the lack of front-removable filters - need to open the side-panel and unclip the front frame to remove filters for cleaning. Another annoyance is that I only use the front and rear fan mounts on my Antec 300s so the extra fan mounts and meshed areas are just dust intakes. This affordable CM case would solve both issues.

Looking at the image, I see at least three things that could have been done otherwise:
1- make the case one IO slot taller to accommodate a two-slot GPU on 4th slot which would also have the added benefit of giving PC builders an extra 3/4" to work with between the PSU and motherboard while dropping the board in. It would also allow people to use SLI/CFX in this case.
2- I personally would have preferred having 2x5.25" bays - the second bay could have a 3.5" adapter.
3- A modular drive cage to add another 3-4 HDDs when not using extra-long GPUs.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Nice to start SEEING some nice SMALL cases again. Remember the Mini tower version of the Antec 180? There is less and less reasons to need a full tower know days. A single video card is what most people use and every 4-slotted motherboard does CF/SLI.

The door isn't much of a big deal anymore... how many of us actually use the Optical drive other than to install the OS or some games / programs? With Stream... never. With Office 2013... its download, etc.

InvalidError

Titan

I still use DVD-R/RW as a complement to external HDDs for backing up my most important files. That's about once every 5-6 weeks.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Who cares if the front is glossy? It's not like you're going to rub it with your fingers repeating "oh my precious".
I think it actually looks nicer than a matte surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.