Water Cooling Opinions - Review my First Build

Hi all,

First off, tldr? Review the details at the bottom. Post any constructive critisism.

I'm turning to water cooling. For many reasons.
1) I like to build computers, and Water Cooling is one thing I want in on!
2) I've started to get into OC'ing a little, and so WC goes hand in hand.
3) I love the way it all looks, adds in more personal preference to each build.

So, here are all the details.
Current
Case: NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB 3.0 Full Tower Case (With Extra Intake Fan)
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 (Socket 2011)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
PSU: OCZ ZS Series 750W '80 Plus Bronze'

NEW
CPU: XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock ( G1/4" Thread)
GPU: PREBUILT OcUK Tech Lab H2O Custom GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 - XSPX Razor GTX Titan GPU Water Block (G1/4" plugs)
Tubing: XSPC HighFlex Hose 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD, 16/10mm, 2m
Fittings: 1x XSPC G1/4" T Fitting (For Draining) And multiple XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD Compression Fitting
Reservoir: XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo V2
Pump: Res Combo
Rad: XSPC EX280 Dual Fan Radiator (If no fans included 2x NZXT FZ-140 Airflow Fan Series) Top fit at top of case.
Fluid: Distilled Water (Which I use in my Race Bike) 2x Mayhems Fine Silver Kill Coil
Extra: A few Single LEDs to fit in those components with holes. UV Cathode, Home made Orange Cathode.

Preposed Routing:
Res/pump combo in drive bay at front, down into T connection at bottom, GPU, then CPU, then Rad at Top, back to Res/Pump.

Push-pull air is currently, one intake front bottom, 2 intake side bottom. 1 big Exhaust on rear of top, and one top of rear.

So, I'd like your opinions and professional views on this, any comments are welcome as this will be my first loop and a nice learning curve. I've read the sticky and searched threads in order to visualise this loop. Also, I plan to get everything off OcUk.

Cheers,
Rory
2 answers Last reply
More about water cooling opinions review build
  1. Destruktor77 said:
    Hi all,

First off, tldr? Review the details at the bottom. Post any constructive critisism.

I'm turning to water cooling. For many reasons.
    1) I like to build computers, and Water Cooling is one thing I want in on!
    2) I've started to get into OC'ing a little, and so WC goes hand in hand.
    3) I love the way it all looks, adds in more personal preference to each build.

So, here are all the details.
    Current
    Case: NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB 3.0 Full Tower Case (With Extra Intake Fan)
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 (Socket 2011)
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
    PSU: OCZ ZS Series 750W '80 Plus Bronze'

NEW
    CPU: XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock ( G1/4" Thread)
    GPU: PREBUILT OcUK Tech Lab H2O Custom GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 - XSPX Razor GTX Titan GPU Water Block (G1/4" plugs)
    Tubing: XSPC HighFlex Hose 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD, 16/10mm, 2m
    Fittings: 1x XSPC G1/4" T Fitting (For Draining) And multiple XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD Compression Fitting
    Reservoir: XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo V2
    Pump: Res Combo
    Rad: XSPC EX280 Dual Fan Radiator (If no fans included 2x NZXT FZ-140 Airflow Fan Series) Top fit at top of case.
    Fluid: Distilled Water (Which I use in my Race Bike) 2x Mayhems Fine Silver Kill Coil
    Extra: A few Single LEDs to fit in those components with holes. UV Cathode, Home made Orange Cathode.

Preposed Routing:
    Res/pump combo in drive bay at front, down into T connection at bottom, GPU, then CPU, then Rad at Top, back to Res/Pump.

Push-pull air is currently, one intake front bottom, 2 intake side bottom. 1 big Exhaust on rear of top, and one top of rear.

So, I'd like your opinions and professional views on this, any comments are welcome as this will be my first loop and a nice learning curve. I've read the sticky and searched threads in order to visualise this loop. Also, I plan to get everything off OcUk.

Cheers,
    Rory

Anyone? Changed the Rad after some more research to an XSPC EX360 now, with Xigmatek Orange Line 120mm (XLF-F1253) fans.
  2. I would route the Radiator > CPU > GPU > Res/pump, since you mentioned overclocking possibility.

The water outputting the radiator is the coolest you have available.

You do not want the GPUs heat going to the CPU you intend to overclock.

The GPU comfortably runs at a higher temperature than you want for the overclocked CPU.

The rest of the loop looks fine to me for your intentions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Water Cooling Build NZXT Hand