New GPU- No signal

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I recently purchased a new Msi GTX 670 PE OC edition off of amazon because I was looking for a better card that fit under my $400 budget. I installed the card into its slot, and plugged in the two required PCI-E 6 pin connectors, verifying that they were plugged in correctly. I then secured the card into my case, closed it up, and plugged in the card. I never bothered to buy any high speed input cables, so I had to use the VGA to DVI-I adapter because I used a VGA cable, which came with an older monitor. When I started up my PC, I got this message:

"There is no signal coming from your computer."

Automatically I assumed that this was a problem with the power, but I have a Corsair Cx750w PSU, which has more than enough wattage considering the cards requirement of 500w. I originally had my PSU plugged into a Power block, but I still got the same message when I plugged it into the wall. I've seen many threads on similar issues, but I have yet to find an answer that works. Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope I can get the card working soon.

Awesom3GamerA3G

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Make sure all the cable connections are plugged in. Sounds sorta nitpicky but it really does work for most problems. If you try that then try different cables/tvs. Last resort - your card might have to be sent in to the Manufacturer. (I fried one of my cards so I have experience in this area :( )

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply. Ive checked all the cables, everything is right where it should be, and secured. Hopefully my card wasn't DOA

Awesom3GamerA3G

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

Ok. Try a different cable to connect it to the monitor/tv. Might be a faulty monitor cable. Last resort is to send it to manufacturer.
BTW Can you hear the fans on the graphics card spinning?

Awardf47

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

I can barely hear them, but I ran it with an open case and I saw that they were in fact spinning.

TRENDING THREADS