PS3 or PS4 help

kidsurvive

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Just like title says. I only own laptop right now and I'm looking to buy a new game console. With the soon release of PS4, I'm very tempting to get one because it's a next gen console. However I want to get PS3 because of its large library and there are tons of games I want to play (mostly JRPG). Also I don't know whether these games will be available to download on PS4 and the place I'm staying has internet limit of 2GB per day so download them is a major hassle.
Anyone have any suggestion?

Are you poor or are you living alright? the reason I am asking is if it's the latter I would recommend holding out on the PS3 purchase and rather play some free to play games on the PC while waiting for the next gen, the consoles should release in November/ December and by this time next year their libraries will already be quite sufficient. You can always buy the PS3 at a later stage and then the console would have dropped even more.

If you are indeed hell bent on getting both consoles wait for the PS4 to release so the PS3's price drops considerably.

kidsurvive

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I'm living alright but I don't want to have 2 consoles yet. I'm considering getting PS3 for now and maybe get PS4 after I'm done with those games I want to play. By then PS4 library should be large as well. This leads to another question. I read that the release of PS4 wont drop the price of PS3 so should I get it now or wait few months after PS4 for possible price drop of PS3.

I see Sony still wants to screw the consumer, yeah well since there is no price cut I'd say get the PS3 now, I mean GTA V will be on it so you will still get tons of new games for 2 years still (hopefully) Thanks to these 2 consoles that screwed the game market developers are really paying attention to games and not quality so you should still be able to play new released for those 2 years before you would really need to upgrade, however keep in mind that while the PS3 price might not drop first hand, a second hand PS3 might be available for a steal once the PS4 released because some people need to sell the old consoles with games to pay for the new console ;) so just keep that in mind when making the purchase.

Just a recommendation you don't need to take it, but maybe keep it in mind for games.
Good Luck and enjoy the games my friend. PS3 was the first Playstation I didn't purchase, do I regret it , a little, but not enough to justify buying one. :) I am opposite of you I would rather miss out on these old games and play them at a friend's house who has a PS3 than buy old gen right before the new release. IF you think about it this way:

PS4 price will be : $399 / £339.99 in November
PS3 price is: $199 / £139.99

PS3 game price: GTA V £39.97
PS4 Games prices: $59.99 / £54.99
Friend with PS3 that won't mind you guys playing that game when you are over: Free

So just take that into consideration, but after listing the prices maybe buying a PS3 ain't such a bad idea, then again if you saved up twice as much money you could go directly to next gen which in my opinion is the smarter thing to do. Up to you though I merely gave you some stuff to think about :)

kidsurvive

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I agree with you Christiaan that playing at my friend's house is the best solution. The problem is I only have one friend with PS3 and he's moving away. That's why I need to get one for myself. :(
Thanks for the advice about buying second hand after PS4 release. I completely forgot that some people will sell it and get PS4. I will keep this in mind :)

Carrotz

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
get the ps4, trust me you won't regret it, once your done playing all your games on ps3, you will want to play newer games and if you odn't have a ps4 well you can't do that. i would say get a ps4 and when ps3 sales start to go down get it and play your games then.

G-unit

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

But then going back to ps3 will feel like a step down, whereas starting on ps3 and moving to ps4 will feel like a step forward.

As much as better graphics and gizmos are nice the gameplay won't change. At ps4 launch you will find many better titles to play on ps3.

initiald64

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
well since newer games are coming out and you'll wont be out date with a ps4, however i can only see a few games was produced for the ps3 as compared to the xbox. Though i cannot tell you if the new xbox is backward compatability and if it is then old games are possible in xbox if you can find it. So get the new xbox if you see your games there and if it mention backward compatibility, otherwise get the ps4 cause if you're after 1 game in the ps3, dont bothered getting it.

initiald64

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
well since newer games are coming out and you'll wont be out date with a ps4, however i can only see a few games was produced for the ps3 as compared to the xbox. Though i cannot tell you if the new xbox is backward compatability and if it is then old games are possible in xbox if you can find it. So get the new xbox if you see your games there and if it mention backward compatibility, otherwise get the ps4 cause if you're after 1 game in the ps3, dont bothered getting it.