MyDigitalSSD Intros Super Cache 2 mSATA SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Might throw this into my Last-Gen M17x, would go well with the 1TB Boot drive via cache.

Then I would be free to throw the 32GB Cache into another computer! :D

executor2

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
"The units can sustain read speeds of up to 550 MB/s and write speeds between 160 MB/s and 200 MB/s"

What ? I am missing something ,Corsairs has a 550 MB read and 440 MB write solution , how is this "high-speed" ?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
""The units can sustain read speeds of up to 550 MB/s and write speeds between 160 MB/s and 200 MB/s"

What ? I am missing something ,Corsairs has a 550 MB read and 440 MB write solution , how is this "high-speed" ?"

Well.. When you stop and think about it.. Why do write speeds even matter on a Cache SSD? It's only going to be caching things piece by piece - it doesn't need to write super fast.

What matters is how fast it can read the data back.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

Your comparing a standalone SSD used for everyday operations to a device which is going to be as a cache for a bog standard hard drive. The reason why this device doesn't have the high end write times of the Corasirs is because it's going to be limited by the read speed of the mechanical hard drive (typically 160Mb's) it's caching from so there's no point in using a controller that can write faster as it won't be able to take advantage of it.

mydigitalssd

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Sustained speed is not the point it is the Random Small 4K and QD32 R/W that will get you the results you want and our drive is leaps and bounds faster that any drive out there in similar GB Sizes. Also if you get a 32GB or 64GB Corsair drive or any other drive for that matter the sustained write speed is going to be dog slow maybe 50MB/sec ours is at 200MB/sec. So this drive is also much faster when comparing Apples to Apples GB/GB. It is made for low density performance. There is nothing out there that can touch it even with SLC flash. These drive would make great low cost Boot Drive as well as Cache Drive.

mydigitalssd

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Sustained speed is not the point it is the Random Small 4K and QD32 R/W that will get you the results you want and our drive is leaps and bounds faster that any drive out there in similar GB Sizes. Also if you get a 32GB or 64GB Corsair drive or any other drive for that matter the sustained write speed is going to be dog slow maybe 50MB/sec ours is at 200MB/sec. So this drive is also much faster when comparing Apples to Apples GB/GB. It is made for low density performance. There is nothing out there that can touch it even with SLC flash. These drive would make great low cost Boot Drive as well as Cache Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS