Which one of these upgrades would be the most beneficial for my PC?

Which one do you think should get upgraded?

• GPU

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • CPU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RAM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

domdomrys

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Title says it all. Which one out of these upgrades will be the most beneficial for my computer? I mainly play games on it. Here is a list of the components that I think potentially need upgrading:

GPU: 2GB Radeon 6670 to 2GB GeForce 650 Ti BOOST
(and a 450w+ power supply. If so, which PSU do you recommend? I would like it cheap. Is this one fine? (I had a Evo Labs 400w PSU for the past year now - cost me £10 - and it didn't burn my house down yet so I think it's good): http://goo.gl/3HmwTV or http://goo.gl/HfyVtN)
or GeForce 650 Ti (because I don't think that that for my uses, the BOOST would be necessary).

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035t to AMD FX-6300
(If so, my motherboard would need upgrading too. I have a AMD 880G chipset which can only handle Athlon, Athlon II, Phenom and Phenom II. My motherboard has a am3 slot and I need a am3+ to work this)
or AMD Phenom II X6 1100t (if so, my motherboard wouldn't need upgrading. That's the best I can get with the current chipset my motherboard has).

RAM: 2x generic cheap 4gb RAM to 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance or 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Beast.
(Quite expensive for RAM, but maybe it would so something. My normal RAM load when playing a game is 4-5gb so i don't think that a RAM upgrade should be necessary).

And that's it! Which one do you guys think would give me the best performance boost, or which one do you think is the most outdated/obsolete/underpowered?

Thanks, and any help is appreciated!

domdomrys

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

OK, thanks ;) Judging from all of your Expert badges, you must know what you are talking about. I thought it's the GPU too, but I wanted to eliminate bottlenecks. Anyone else have some suggestions perhaps? Or after I upgrade my GPU, what shall I upgrade next?

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

No problem! Next I'd go MB+CPU, but they really aren't too weak. If you want AMD, I would wait for steamroller FX. It is supposed to have some great performance improvements. In any case, I'd probably wait for that to come out to judge if you should go Intel or AMD in your case. FX-8350/20 is also a good option if you OC. The i5-4670k is a good option too.