Newegg vs. tigerdirect

Guest 1234

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I have bought computer parts from new egg recently and have had to send my mother board back twice and my CPU back once. So I think tiger direct would be the better site. But I'm not sure if that's just bad luck on me.

Jaxem

Honorable
That's not really newegg's fault they got some lemon parts from the manufacturers. I prefer newegg because of the community there, the reviews make decisions much more informed and easy, but you can still get a bad part. Newegg's service for RMA's and problems like that is second to none, so you might have to buy elsewhere before you can appreciate how great they are for an online retailer. Tigerdirect is slightly cheaper on some things, but the lack of feedback on products usually keeps me a newegg.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you have experienced. Please email us at wecare@newegg.com and we'll be glad to look into this for you.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

Eric Fisk CGD

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
The mistake I made in the past is that I would only shop at one store and really screwed myself. My “come to Jesus” moment arrived when I was trying to buy 2 Gigs of RAM for my server and that vendor tried to charge me $1,200 for two sticks. Then they tried to talk me down to $500 for a quarter of that memory. This first company also tried to sell me a second Pentium 3 processor with the correct stepping for… $1200! (See a pattern here?) The server originally cost $1200, I would have had to spend twice as much again to max it out.

A friend of mine turned me on a local computer store and I only paid $120 for two sticks of RAM that equaled 2 Gigs. I paid only 10% of what the first company offered, and I never EVER went back to them.

The lesson I wish I learned earlier is that you need to actually do your homework; do your own research and ask questions. Don’t just take a sales person’s word for it, now that you have “The Interwebs” look around.

Also, I like having Tiger Direct and New Egg, two competing sites that keep each other inline.

zoar

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Newegg lost my business forever. New RMA procedures are ridiculous. They wouldn't take my RMA because i threw out the old brown shipping box. I had the original msi box, just not the brown outer layer the msi component went in. I'd spend $3000 every other year with them. I won't spend another dime with those idiots. Its just a cheap dodge to get out of paying for a product. Newegg is now the badegg. Save your money. Amazon is the wave of the future. No RMA problems whatsoever. Not sure about tiger either tbh.

I still look it up on Newegg. Then I'll buy from anyone else but newegg.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009

LOL

Newegg was my go to site back when they were a private company. Now that they're a public company, I find myself mixing it up between them and Amazon.

To the OP, I wouldn't hold Newegg responsible for the bad parts. They're just the retailer. Either those parts were DOA or maybe they were damaged during the installation.