New 760 possible issue? Second monitor wavey lines during games on other monitor.

gav0409

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello I just installed my 760 today. It plays games just fine. I run 2 screens and while playing Tera Online I notice other monitor has wavey lines on it. Turned V sync on for the game and it decreased how bad it was. I tried other games and this wavey line does not happen. Any idea what would cause this? Any help would be great thanks!

Edit. I have read other forums. So to help knock things off the list I have done the following and the following is set up
-checked all settings with in nivdia control panel.
-monitor is set to 60hz
-Monitor is an acer led(model number not sure as im at work now)
-It is hooked up VGA to dvi adapter to the card.(This worked fine with the 550ti)
-I have moved the monitors apart. I mean each on the other end of desk. Did this for possible interference.

My old 550ti did not do this at all last night. Have been streaming games for last 2 weeks and hand no issue with the games I have played and the other monitor with wavey lines.

Edit
Specs for you as well
i7 2600
Asus MB p8h67-m pro
ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
APEVIA ATX-CB700W 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - OEM

gav0409

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Well went home on my lunch and did some trouble shooting. Surprised I have not got any responses yet! Thats a first....

-I tried a new VGA cable I have not used before. I still got the same wavy lines.
-I tried setting the monitor with wavy lines to the main display to see if it would still show. The wavy line stayed on the same screen but slightly was showing on the other monitor.
-I found a dvi/hdmi adapter in my spare parts. I hooked this up to the monitor and removed VGA all the way from all screens.

Using the dvi/hdmi adapter fixed the issue. The wavy lines went away! Seems that these new 700 series don't work with VGA. I saw another post about VGA not being compatible.

xDivineCC

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I'm having the same issue with my gtx 770. My monitor is prefectly fine because i used to have a gtx 670.

My specs of my system too:
i5 2500k (Clocked at 4.3ghz)
asus maximus iv gene-z
msi gtx 770
corsair 850 AX psu
corsair vengeance 16gb