Closed

Asus ROG Maximus VI Impact Performance Mini-ITX at Retail

Asus' ROG Maximus VI Impact motherboard is finally available through certain retailers.

Asus ROG Maximus VI Impact Performance Mini-ITX at Retail : Read more
10 answers Last reply
More about asus rog maximus impact performance mini itx retail
  1. :P this is so cool A good card on this will make this a super compact and super powerful gaming machine :P
  2. what a small beast
  3. Hmmm this mobo screams for GTX670 Direct CU mini!
  4. So what is the difference this and the z87i deluxe?
    the z87i pro lacks wifi AC,but its the same as the deluxe. Between the impact and deluxe, the deluxe has more sata and more usb 3.
  5. I applaud the audio, CPU socket placement, and forward thinking. Just hope this isn't too forward thinking and there are some high capacity M.2 cards this year (that's not too long).
    Why no eSATA?
  6. enewmen said:
    I applaud the audio, CPU socket placement, and forward thinking. Just hope this isn't too forward thinking and there are some high capacity M.2 cards this year (that's not too long).
    Why no eSATA?


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132039

    It does have one eSATA port on the back.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167146

    That's not too bad for the size.
  7. That's 2 releases (Maximus VI Formula) that basically take over their respective market niches, making the competition irrelevant .... the 3rd (Maxiumus VI Extreme) to my mind was a miss. Now if they would only drop the Poseidon, I can expect my dining room table to be cluttered with parts for weeks.
  8. jimmysmitty said:
    enewmen said:
    I applaud the audio, CPU socket placement, and forward thinking. Just hope this isn't too forward thinking and there are some high capacity M.2 cards this year (that's not too long).
    Why no eSATA?


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132039

    It does have one eSATA port on the back.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167146

    That's not too bad for the size.


    Ok. I missed the eSATA port.
    But I still never found a M.2 SSD card for sale ANYPLACE.
    The link you gave me is for a mSATA SSD card.
  9. I just had a nerdgasm... So.. Good...

    Cheers!
  10. lp231 said:
    So what is the difference this and the z87i deluxe?
    the z87i pro lacks wifi AC,but its the same as the deluxe. Between the impact and deluxe, the deluxe has more sata and more usb 3.


    There is a much higher-end audio implementation on the ROG Impact when compared to the Z87-I Deluxe. The ROG Impact also includes the M.2 socket and mPCIe connector for an internal M.2 SSD and a swappable WiFi/Bluetooth card as compared to the Deluxe's built-in WiFi/BT solution and lack of mSATA/M.2 socket.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Components Do It Yourself