Radeon 9xxx Series Dual Output Question.

Totempole

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Hi everyone,

I want to connect 2 monitors to my Radeon 9700 through the the VGA and DVI outputs. The thing is, I don't want to use it as an extended desktop, but rather a second screen with exactly the same output. So 2 monitors displaying exactly the same picture.

Is this possible? If yes, what settings would I need to change in order to achieve this?

I recently just bought a VGA splitter in order to achieve this, but both outputs become dull and washed out, most likely due to power output of the signal being split in two. I'm sure a powered splitter would work, but they're unnecessarily expensive, so I don't want to go that route.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Totempole

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

Thanks, that works for Windows 7, but I should have mentioned that the machine I want to do this on is running Windows XP. Is there an equivalent key combo in XP to achieve the same outcome?

Thanks.

Totempole

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

Thanks, a bit of digging in the CCC help file got me the info I needed as to how to "clone" displays.

Apparently the feature is only visible when once you've attached a secondary display because you have to right-click on the second screen and select "Clone" instead of "Extend".