Sony Smartphone Lens Attachment Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
They forgot the DSC-QX10R and DSC-QX100R.
The 'R' refers to the rose colored tint that many smartphones seem to filter out. Users can now restore the images to what they see normally w/o additional software required.

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
That's so messed up! Seriously, just about a week ago I was looking at pictures from phone and I thought to myself, "it's not the sensor that makes the images grainy, it's the amount of light getting to it". So I played around with an old pair of binoculars and sure enough in the same lighting, the image was way more crisp using the binoculars. Also, the real optical zoom beat the pants off the digital zoom.

Great minds think alike I guess.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Actually, in some other threat I heard this is a whole package of Sensors, Optics and WiFi chip. The idea is, you mount this to the phone and it gets link via WiFi. All the imaging is done on this Lens+Sensor unit and it sends that data to the phone for processing. So it isn't just a lens, it is a Imaging System that links to the phone. I also read that the device supposedly carries a 2/3" sensor which is similar to Nokia 1020's in size.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Hopefully this offers decent quality at a decent price. It would be convenient to carry this in a backpack or purse and pull it out for events or photo worthy moments. It seems more practical (to me at least) to have this than a phone with a giant camera sticking out. If the quality is right, I'd like to see this go well in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.