No sound from built in speakers or headphones

Chad Lehmer

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I'm trying to further research an issue on a laptop, that I no longer have in front of me. I've tried all of the windows and driver software steps to insure the sound card was enabled, not muted, etc.

I'm leaning to a sound card failure (hardware). However, i'm trying one last time to find any possible information.

Toshiba Satellite L675-S7048; Windows 7 64bit; no sound from built in speakers or headphones, no warnings in device manager, driver uninstalled and reinstalled, all driver settings and sound settings checked, the device is enabled. The sound test in 'speaker / headphone properties', produces an error, I forget the exact error, however it was short....something like 'sound test failed'

two other things i noticed, windows media player throws an error about the sound file having an issue and tells me to edit it....this happens on "all" sound files. iTunes acts like it is playing a sound file, however the progress indicator bar does not move.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Chad Lehmer

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

No, I did not try playing a video file, that would have been a good idea though. I'm not sure if he has any video files...I will find out and see what happens.

**UPDATE**
Video files do not play sound and sound does not play from the internet.