Recommend a good RTS

MMXMonster

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I have been out of the gaming for a little while, but when I was playing I enjoyed RTS games like C&C, Age of Empires and Supreme Commander, Carrier Command.

I recently acquired a PC that can handle newer games (games made in the last 5yrs). It's an I7 Quad with 12gigs and a GPU with 1g ddr5.

Using the games I listed above what would be some good games to check out?

Carrotz

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
wait until sept 3 for the release of total war rome 2!!!!!!! trust me u will not regret it, it is one of the best rts games that are coming out. GOogle it look for some gameplay and trust me u be impressed

G

While not new, and not really an RTS, Its a tbs, a turn based strategy called World in Conflict, Its an oldie but a good game. Another one that looks good is the new C&C game I believe its called C&C Generals 2.

Hashwagon

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Star Craft 2 is a great one. A good campaign and a great multiplayer with endless custom games. I would also recommend DOTA 2 which is completely free to play. I'm looking forward to Rome 2 though.

+1 for Starcraft 2 especially if you want multiplayer, for single player any of the total war games are good even the older ones Medieval 2 is my favourite and given its age it will be cheap. Other total war games include Rome which is the oldest I would still suggest which I don't find as friendly to get into, empires and Napoleon look alot more polished than Medieval 2 but I don't like the battles as much, Shogun is good and the newest until Rome 2 comes out any day and its good but I personally still preferred the battles in Medieval. I found the dawn of war games OK but not great. Also worth a try is Company of heroes 1 & 2 I personally didn't get into them but my brother loves them.