Closed

AMD Announces New Multi-Core R-Series CPUs

AMD has new CPUs for its embedded line.

AMD Announces New Multi-Core R-Series CPUs : Read more
17 answers Last reply
More about amd announces multi core series cpus
  1. This needs to be retitled. They are new APUs, not CPUS. To me...a CPU needs to be unburdened by a integrated GPU
  2. pologoalie8908 said:
    This needs to be retitled. They are new APUs, not CPUS. To me...a CPU needs to be unburdened by a integrated GPU

Read the article again, friend :-)
  3. they are CPU bundle with graphic card.
  4. Why are we still on dual and quad core?!! Is it because anything multithreaded should run on a GPGPU and anything not multithreaded should run on a single core CPU, and they are only doing dual and quad core for certain legacy software?
  5. The program combines one of AMD's new R-series CPUs with DISCRETE Radeon E6460 or E6760 graphics.

Do people even read before posting anymore? - Evolution of the internet dwellers.
  6. otacon72 said:
    hydac7 said:
    Yes but no no no, come on AMD people make with the new FX line daddy needs an upgrade ... sigh ... :(

I really feel bad for the people who have stuck by AMD and the fact AMD can't make a quality CPU anymore. Really pathetic.

Never felt the need to go intel just because I couldnt justify the cost to myself. Now I have a 3570k powering my machine, go figure ay =)
  7. pologoalie8908 said:
    This needs to be retitled. They are new APUs, not CPUS. To me...a CPU needs to be unburdened by a integrated GPU

The i5-4670K isn't a CPU then?

Face it, it's just marketing.
  8. Does this mean Steamroller chips will not be called FX ?
  9. Does this mean Steamroller chips will not be called FX ?
  10. These are embedded chips. While they may end up being based on Steamroller or Piledriver, they aren't high end.
  11. why hasn't toms got a article/review of the AMD fx-9370 or fx-9590? Other sites have em so.. just old news?
  12. In case there is still confusion, these are embedded chips are low-TDP (17-35w) intended for things like NAS controllers the require x86, or other systems that require a reasonable amount of compute power.

But after reading the TPU source, I don't quite understand what other embedded applications would demand or benefit from a discrete video card. The first thing that occurs to me is something like a video game or slot machine. But they don't really enumerate specifics.
  13. teh_chem said:
    In case there is still confusion, these are embedded chips are low-TDP (17-35w) intended for things like NAS controllers the require x86, or other systems that require a reasonable amount of compute power.

But after reading the TPU source, I don't quite understand what other embedded applications would demand or benefit from a discrete video card. The first thing that occurs to me is something like a video game or slot machine. But they don't really enumerate specifics.

I'm not a big fan, but digital billboards and store signage seems to be quite a burgeoning market ...
  14. Quote:
    In case there is still confusion, these are embedded chips are low-TDP (17-35w) intended for things like NAS controllers the require x86, or other systems that require a reasonable amount of compute power.

Embedded CPUs are used in everything from billboards and slot machines to cars and missles.
  15. Hehe, AMD-Fusion powered missiles...
  16. A missile that needs a GPU? :0
  17. For ze floating point detonation calculations of course!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD