budget gaming build ($550)

samkinney

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
budget gaming pc build?

i will be buiding a pc soon (my first time) and i dont exactly know what parts i should get. i have already decided on my case wich is a $90.00 orange bitfenix prodigy mini.

i would perfer a parts list from http://pcpartpicker.com/ because it finds the lowest price for everything for you.

my budget is $550 without mail and rebates but would settle for a tiny bit over i guess. i will be using this computer for games like skyrim, bf3, bf4, cod ghosts, minecraft, and league of legends. i also want it to be intel motherboard and cpu so i can upgrade to an i7 in the future. i would like the most bang for my buck with this build. thank you so much foe your time as i am just a noob!

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
This build is solid, and should handle the games you want to play. It uses an AM3+ motherboard so it cant upgrade to i7, but it can for the FX series which is just as good and cost a lot less. Also I see this is your first time building a pc, and I'm sorry to say the case you picked out severely limits the whole system if you want to game on it. The following build is great for gaming, and I think you'll like the case I picked out (ps the tiny pic in the website doesn't do it justice, just google it). Finally this build does include $55 worth of mail in rebates, but you need to play to win right :p?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.65 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($82.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $548.52
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 00:48 EDT-0400)