Help newbie make nice expensive gaming computer, budget: 2500$

I want to make well, a really strong gaming desktop. I don't have much knowledge here but my budget is around 2,500$US i made a build i thought was ok, any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uWF9
20 answers Last reply
More about newbie make nice expensive gaming computer budget 2500
  1. Hey i think your integrated sound on this mobo is enough - i only put the h110i if you plan to OC. I put sli 770s because honestly i think thats all you need if you disagree, go with dual 780s sli or even tri sli 680s

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($204.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($75.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($144.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $2022.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:14 EDT-0400)
  2. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($107.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($261.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($129.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $2397.85
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 13:30 EDT-0400)
  3. sparkz89 said:
    Hey i think your integrated sound on this mobo is enough - i only put the h110i if you plan to OC. I put sli 770s because honestly i think thats all you need if you disagree, go with dual 780s sli or even tri sli 680s

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uXlC/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($204.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($75.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($144.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $2022.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:14 EDT-0400)


    Thanks So much for answering very quickly, sparks i, a new person at this, would like to know, how come you like nvidia more than AMd is it, like faster? I would like to record solid 60 fps tho. Plus i really like that super smooth, fast feel.
  4. Take a look at my build the Nvidia cards are far faster.
  5. FractalDesignCore said:
    Take a look at my build the Nvidia cards are far faster.

    Link? xD
    [edit: srry computer problem i see it.]
  6. FractalDesignCore said:
    Take a look at my build the Nvidia cards are far faster.

    Ok So I like the build (alot.) Will Having 2 780s work faster, + i dont like windows 8 at all.
  7. 2 780s will top your budget.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($107.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($261.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2391.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 14:06 EDT-0400)
  8. FractalDesignCore said:
    2 780s will top your budget.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($107.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($261.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2391.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 14:06 EDT-0400)


    Its ok if it does, but does it affect the performance to the human eye, idc really how expensive it gets, as long as, very functional and fast.
    (thanks for changing it to windows 7)
  9. SLI- 780s for 400$ more isnt really worth it since with Dual sli gtx 770s max out every single game out there.

    btw how many monitors are you on? if your just on 1-2 monitors your fine with the sli 770s. but 4 or more your going to need the 780s.
  10. FractalDesignCore said:
    SLI- 780s for 400$ more isnt really worth it since with Dual sli gtx 770s max out every single game out there.

    btw how many monitors are you on? if your just on 1-2 monitors your fine with the sli 770s. but 4 or more your going to need the 780s.


    I will only run one, but i would like to record on the monitor, so will that lag if I use, lets say FRAPS? (really worried cause i want to use this computer for really extensive programs like sony vegas and games like crysis 3.
  11. newBofPc said:
    FractalDesignCore said:
    SLI- 780s for 400$ more isnt really worth it since with Dual sli gtx 770s max out every single game out there.

    btw how many monitors are you on? if your just on 1-2 monitors your fine with the sli 770s. but 4 or more your going to need the 780s.


    I will only run one, but i would like to record on the monitor, so will that lag if I use, lets say FRAPS? (really worried cause i want to use this computer for really extensive programs like sony vegas and games like crysis 3.


    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1709687/build-gtx-780-770-sli.html

    If you can really afford it cause Crysis 3 is graphic extensive then get sli 780s.
  12. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($107.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($261.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($656.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($656.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2745.85
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 14:25 EDT-0400)

    These cards outperform a GTX Titan. It really is worth the money then for Crysis 3.
    These have a 5 egg rating on Newegg. Check out the reviews on there!
  13. FractalDesignCore said:
    newBofPc said:
    FractalDesignCore said:
    SLI- 780s for 400$ more isnt really worth it since with Dual sli gtx 770s max out every single game out there.

    btw how many monitors are you on? if your just on 1-2 monitors your fine with the sli 770s. but 4 or more your going to need the 780s.


    I will only run one, but i would like to record on the monitor, so will that lag if I use, lets say FRAPS? (really worried cause i want to use this computer for really extensive programs like sony vegas and games like crysis 3.


    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1709687/build-gtx-780-770-sli.html

    If you can really afford it cause Crysis 3 is graphic extensive then get sli 780s.

    Will Cheap graphic games like Minecraft run smooth (for my little brother) Like around 60 FPS when recording?

    Ps about Crysis, when recording on all settings on high do you think ill get around 40 FPS?
  14. Yeah about 40 fps on crysis recording and about 100-120 on minecraft recording. and not recording about 200-400 fps. lol
    I have a 2 year old Sapphire Radeon 6850 LOL and i get 100 Fps playing and 60 recording minecraft.
  15. FractalDesignCore said:
    Yeah about 40 fps on crysis recording and about 100-120 on minecraft recording. and not recording about 200-400 fps. lol
    I have a 2 year old Sapphire Radeon 6850 LOL and i get 100 Fps playing and 60 recording minecraft.


    Lol wut, my mac is always 30 FPS when recording even thought it has a Radeon 6770M -.- i really should have waited for a nvidia version..
    so i think, you finalize this thing, but, one thing what type of cases can i choose from? could you show me some you like?
  16. Can you post your finalized version? I need to see if the radiator will fit your case.
  17. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($266.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($659.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($659.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2741.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 16:09 EDT-0400)
  18. FractalDesignCore said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($266.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($659.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($659.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2741.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 16:09 EDT-0400)


    Ok I got this, make it 770s and have the same case if it will work right, wish me luck too xD
  19. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($266.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.50 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($124.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2366.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 18:59 EDT-0400)


    Nvm i found the case.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming Desktops Computers Hardware Build Customization Strong Help Desk