How big is my factory mb? dell 545mt

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I have a dell 545 MT and I wish to put it in a better case where I can add 1 more case fan for more air flow and make it look nicer. My motherboard is a dell ON826N and I can't find no information from google.

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Yup thinking bout getting the commander one also. Say do you think it is hard to transfer the motherboard from a pre built company machine to another case? I sure hope your right about the mb because I wanna transfer from my dell case soon :p. I don't like the dell case look that much.

Oh one last question I noticed that there is usb 3.0 in front of the case, will my motherboard support that type of connection?

computer_nugget2

Distinguished
that motherboard doesnt look like it has a USB 3.0 header so it wont be able to support it. unless you buy a usb 3.0 card that has an internal connector.

and it shouldn't be that hard, unplug everything from the motherboard. unscrew the screws located around the board that are securing it. and the board should come off. and there is a shield for the Inputs and outputs for the back of the board, you have to push that out and pop it into the new case. and you can remove everything that you want to keep from your old computer and move into the new case.

TRENDING THREADS